The online racing simulator
If S2 includes S1 then S2 will also include S3?
So after some time as demo user i am considering updating my status to S1&S2 soon but since there will be S3 soon my question is: should i wait for S3 or buying S2 will be valid for S3 aswell?
S1<S2<S3
logic Big grin
Of course. S3 = demo + S1 + S2 + S3 content.
S3 will cost the same as buying (and enjoying) the S2 now and then upgrading to S3 license.
Demo to S1 will cost you £12.
S1 to S2 will cost you £12.
Demo to S2 will cost you £24.
S2 to S3 will likely cost £12.
Demo to S3 will likely cost £36.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :S1<S2<S3
logic Big grin

Logic is fine just need to understand humor. I was just thinking maybe we can get S3 key prior to S3 release somehow.
Quote from edzhjus :
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :S1<S2<S3
logic Big grin

Logic is fine just need to understand humor. I was just thinking maybe we can get S3 key prior to S3 release somehow.

You can pay 36 british pounds, so you spend 24 on the S2 and then buy the S3 when it is available.
S3 will be available???? When? Big grin
Quote from edzhjus :So after some time as demo user i am considering updating my status to S1&S2 soon but since there will be S3 soon my question is: should i wait for S3 or buying S2 will be valid for S3 aswell?

To be clear: There is no need to wait.

We will only charge the difference in price between S2 and S3 when you upgrade.

This is because S3 and S2 are not different products, but stages in the development of LFS.
Quote from Timo1992 :S3 will be available???? When? Big grin

In not so distant future?
Quote from Scawen :To be clear: There is no need to wait.

This is because S3 and S2 are not different products, but stages in the development of LFS.

OH! In that case additional question:
Can we buy either S1 or S2 or S3 without buying rest in between?
Example: Buy S2 without buying S1 and of course not having access to S1 content unless pay for it later.
Quote from edzhjus :
Quote from Scawen :To be clear: There is no need to wait.

OH! In that case additional question:
Can we buy either S1 or S2 or S3 without buying rest in between?
Example: Buy S2 without buying S1 and of course not having access to S1 content unless pay for it later.

When you buy S2, you get the demo and S1 content as well.

You can check the shop page, hopefully it will explain it better.
Quote from racer autov8 :You're joking right?

Not really. Just look at news https://www.lfs.net/news/type/-2 about LFS - releases come out more often now so it wont be too long until letter A will come again after Z.
Quote from Flame CZE :When you buy S2, you get the demo and S1 content as well.

You can check the shop page, hopefully it will explain it better.

I understand that but i asked if i can skip S1 and buy only S2 for 12 pounds without S1?
Quote from edzhjus :...
I understand that but i asked if i can skip S1 and buy only S2 for 12 pounds without S1?

no, S1 is required to get S2
if you buy S1 but its self for 12 quid then to upgrade to S2 you will need to pay an additional 12 quid but if you by S2 without buying S1 it will cost you 24 quid. I think that you only need to have S1 to get the S3 content when it comes out but you wont have S2 content, I'm not sure if I am right but maybe scawen could tell you
Quote from k_badam :if you buy S1 but its self for 12 quid then to upgrade to S2 you will need to pay an additional 12 quid but if you by S2 without buying S1 it will cost you 24 quid. I think that you only need to have S1 to get the S3 content when it comes out but you wont have S2 content, I'm not sure if I am right but maybe scawen could tell you

No, you get S3 content only with S3 license (36 pounds (or 12 when upgrading from S2)).
You can't "skip" some content packs. You can (or will be able to) buy only:

S1 license = demo + S1 content
S2 license = demo + S1 + S2 content
S3 license = demo + S1 + S2 + S3 content

You can't buy just the S2 content, without buying S1 content etc.
wait so S3 will cost money??? I thought the original idea was that S3 content was free S2 users. Maybe i'm just stupid
Quote from k_badam :wait so S3 will cost money??? I thought the original idea was that S3 content was free S2 users. Maybe i'm just stupid

It was never planned to be free, don't know why you thought so hehe.
BTW, that "36" price is just a calculated from current S1 and S2 prices (and I think Scawen did plan it like that 10y ago or so...). It's not official, till it's released, so don't blame me if there will be some adjustment or total change to commercial model of LFS. Although I have to give credit to Scawen for being very consistent over the years with his original vision.

Than again, checking now the revamped site and the about/faq pages I see the S3 gets much less mention, I think there was more about it years ago. It makes lot of sense anyway, as I don't see how the S3 can be final stage, as it was in envisioned, and there's so much more ground to cover in terms of car racing simulator... as long as people will support LFS, I think there will be always something new for Scawen to work on (if he will want to continue on this project). And also S2 is quite finished product already. So he's both ahead and behind his original vision. Smile

"I thought the original idea was that S3 content was free S2 users"
- now I really wonder how you got that one. S2 users have for free new additional S2 content. Just like S1 users have new S1 content, and just as demo users lost their drift car to wake up with proper formula car (I certainly didn't regret it, for me drifting means I did a huge mistake on turn entry, while formula car is where I feel at home and happy). I can't see why some content would be decided as S3 content, and then made available to S2 license... you can simply put such content into S2 since the start, no need for "S3" label then.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG