The online racing simulator
Bluescreen on LFS quiting
(12 posts, started )
Hello, Iam having regular blue screen when I quit LFS and trying to open chrome tabs. When I quit LFS and dont do nothing for a few sec everything is OK. If I try to show chrome tabs fast after quit blue screen happens.

The problem is when I want to play again I need to go through the setup procedure (player setting, license logging and all controller setting). It consums my license.

I have
-LFS 0.6G
-win 7
-ASUS ATI 4870eah

the blue screen error I saw was something like win2k.sys
Scan your computer with an Anti-virus software.
And open your computer, see if there is any dust to clean up.
I think it has nothing to do with dust. Especially as it is already cleared.
I have run virus checks and didnt find but you never know.

It has happened to me like 4 times since G.
You need to probably reinstall windows.
But I have experience with this problem only with LFS. Also I have experience with LFS blue screens from last version but those were pretty much random. This happens in exact situation after LFS quit + fast chrome reopening.
#6 - Nilex
Amount of RAM and VRAM?
How large is your pagefile?
Perform chkdsk in case of CRC errors, as well and RAM check.
Might also be voltage related since it only happens when HDD and possibly CPU goes into overdrive. But not sure.

Chrome is a memory hog as is every damn webkit crap browser Frown. It might be that your system handles large data stream bursts load kinda weirdly.

Also, ignore OS reinstall suggestions as your first option as they are the dumbest advices 100% of the time.
Besides that I don't know what could it be. Good luck.
If you observe this problem only after the upgrade to 0.6G it's most likely related to video drivers. You'll want to check that the drivers and Windows is up to date. If there is no fix available, disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome (if it is enabled) might work around the problem.
But I was thinking that it might be something with LFS. I am losing my driver profile always when this happens. It gets corrupted.

Most probably it still isnt correctly closed after game quit or maybe it is just being saved?
Couldnt it be related to it?
Anyway, isnt it LFS bug that I might lose profile like that?
LFS probably updates the profile files upon exit. If Windows crashes shortly after LFS exits, the profile might not be synced to the hard drive properly yet which is why it gets corrupted.
Shouldnt it be backuped? Its quite vulnerable and it has pretty much informations to be just lost.
At least I think that as I already lost like 5 profiles
You can back the .ply files up yourself if you need to. You really cannot expect any program to function correctly when you run it on a broken system.
** Best answer **
After you unlock don't close the game, shift+f4 or alt tab, then go into data/misc folder and backup f1,2,3.xyz files. Those ones contain all unlock information for your game on that system. It's not necessary to backup whole game for this one reason.

The other thing that came to mind is to check how your power options are set up (in control panel). You might want to play with some options there. Switching from balanced to high performance solved at least one type of BSOD for me.

You card is several generation behind the current one so be careful when installing new drivers. Make sure they work for your card. And never install beta drivers unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Perhaps googling "bsod win2k.sys" can give you more directions how to deal with the issue. Certainly more than I could Smile
Anyways I highly doubt LFS causes it because it's very cleanly coded in terms of crashes by now.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG