The online racing simulator
FPS with GTX970
(30 posts, started )
Quote from bbman :
Quote from shmall719 :what is obvious then? I have always raced online with 60hz and 60fps, never had a problem, always looked and felt very fliud, after all we can't see more than 60fps can we , I know at 1000 fps i couldn't see any difference from 100 fps lol but will give it a go after i have bought my new motherboard, cpu and DDR next

The "we can only see x FPS" is a myth - after all, our eyes don't work in FPS... Of course you wouldn't see any difference, as in your case the monitor is the bottleneck. If it cycles the frames only sixty times per second, you'll never see more than 60 frames (not counting any tearing) regardless of how many FPS your graphics card churns out - at racing speeds, you might cover meters between updates... 120 Hz is double the frames, therefore half the time between updates... Would you not agree that, provided the hardware can reliably output these high frame rates, this is beneficial in every way?

True. It is 2014 and some people still repeat that " human eye can not see more then ... " line that is so stupid it is not even funny. But for companies people like that are great since they can just concentrate on making resolution higher without increasing refresh rate Hz or making games in 2014 that run at 30 fps.
I couldn't race in 30fps, its always looked jerky to me, however 60fps has always looked smooth. but will try 120 or 144Hz at some point, now i have the power to v-sync at that speed
I have a 120hz monitor which I can't recommend enough (120hz but not 3d): http://www.iiyama.com/us_en/products/prolite-g2773hs-1/.
The difference is HUGE for anything moving on your screen, and you actually don't know what you're missing until you've tried anything higher than 60hz.

You can set your monitor to 75hz for most monitors (I've actually done that for years before moving to a native 120hz), using a lower resolution than the native one. Try this and you'll already see how much smoother your games feel.
Then comes 120hz which is just perfection for games, higher refresh rates than 120hz are just plain marketing and won't make a difference.
when did people forget about crts that did 100+hz easily?

FPS with GTX970
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG