The online racing simulator
Handbrake
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Be2K
Handbrake
Please change the handling of the Handbrake.

Its like a second brakepedal in LFS which gains a lot of advantages as i'm watching different WRs.

Please implement that the Handbrake is fully applied or not like 0 or 1. If your pulling a Handbrake in a normal car all tires getting blocked/stopped.
It's been an issue for so long most people have gone with the approach of 'if you can't beat them, join them!'

I'm sure it would be patched during S3 or something..
Quote from Be2K :If your pulling a Handbrake in a normal car all tires getting blocked/stopped.

What kind of cars do you have in Germany?
#4 - nacim
A real car can use handbrake like a normal brake if we pull it slowly.
#5 - Be2K
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i was at fe the other day tried to park on a small hill about 45% tilt. handbrake did NOT hold xrt on that. isnt that about what a real car would hold?

exactly, they should improve it.
#6 - bbman
I've never seen it being used, but I have to agree with nacim here... From the posts here I understand it's just shifting the brake balance dynamically? If so, how is it different from throttle under braking?

On the other hand, I think the handbrake is limited to (half?) whatever the max brake force is set to. The solution therefore should be simple - do away with the nonsensical setting in favor of a much higher fixed (per car) max force... That would seriously limit the situations where the handbrake is useful. Maybe the force curve could be adjusted slightly like a different master cylinder would do in RL, but that's probably wishful thinking...
#7 - Be2K
Quote from bbman :I've never seen it being used, but I have to agree with nacim here... From the posts here I understand it's just shifting the brake balance dynamically? If so, how is it different from throttle under braking?

On the other hand, I think the handbrake is limited to (half?) whatever the max brake force is set to. The solution therefore should be simple - do away with the nonsensical setting in favor of a much higher fixed (per car) max force... That would seriously limit the situations where the handbrake is useful. Maybe the force curve could be adjusted slightly like a different master cylinder would do in RL, but that's probably wishful thinking...

Thats what i mean ! great idea!
handbrake is working realisticly i think.

its just on formula cars we have handbrakes. i dont think 2007 Bmw sauber had handbrake.
#9 - baRRe
I use the handbrake all the time for drifting. I'm using a modded joystick for this. So yes, its being used in different ways!
I'd like to be able to change the braking effort of the handbrake between cars, for example on the road cars it's a little too strong, almost like a hydraulic handbrake, whilst on the XFR for example it's pretty weak.
I remember in some older versions of LFS there was a slider to adjust handbrake force, it would be nice if it came back...
Quote from R@fiXII :I remember in some older versions of LFS there was a slider to adjust handbrake force, it would be nice if it came back...

Agreed, it's a big help when drifting.

Now it's necessary to set the normal brakes to be way too sensitive just to have the handbrake lock up properly.
#13 - PoVo
Quote from Matrixi :
Quote from R@fiXII :I remember in some older versions of LFS there was a slider to adjust handbrake force, it would be nice if it came back...

Agreed, it's a big help when drifting.

Now it's necessary to set the normal brakes to be way too sensitive just to have the handbrake lock up properly.

This is like the worse thing for me when driving an FZ5
I would like to have an option to disengage the handbrake manually by a button (without having to get the car moving).
#15 - kdo
Quote from Vojta7 :I would like to have an option to disengage the handbrake manually by a button (without having to get the car moving).

bump, but yes it would be nice to have this. With an option to turn it off or on for who the old handbrake

Handbrake
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG