The online racing simulator
Ability to skin our own pitlane garage sign
Would be great if we could put our own skinnable signs up in front of a garage to show your own team or driving name - or anything else you wanted to.

These would probably need to be track specific (eg BWG_Sin1, WHG_Sin1, etc), and would appear on garage when you join online server, and be removed when you leave.

Where there's no pitlane garages (eg South City), then signage is ignored, or not enough garage spaces, then signage is first come, first served.

May be an extra way for the LFS developers to make some additional bit of money, as they could make it you have to pay for these skins, or one free and pay for additional, or mix and match between helmet, car and garage skins, where you can upload so many free, then if you want more, you pay.

Alternately, server owner gets to sign all garages (same sign on each), and players nickname appears on a garage sign when they join server.
Attached images
LFS Garage.png
LFS Garage 2.png
#2 - nacim
EPIC useless waste of time for the Devs to do that, I think they got better things to do
#3 - heawy
Yeah, improve stupid mirrors
Quote from nacim :EPIC useless waste of time for the Devs to do that, I think they got better things to do

It's not necessarily a waste of time just because of your opinion.

Server-sided pitlane ads sound like they would actually work, but player-specific ones do have a slight problem.
e.g If you join a race and suddenly 10 people after you join, hit spectate and join again and you'll spawn in another pit box, and the pit signs would constantly change in a crowded server making it just annoying and nauseous.
#5 - nacim
Quote from nikopdr :
Quote from nacim :EPIC useless waste of time for the Devs to do that, I think they got better things to do

It's not necessarily a waste of time just because of your opinion.

Server-sided pitlane ads sound like they would actually work, but player-specific ones do have a slight problem.
e.g If you join a race and suddenly 10 people after you join, hit spectate and join again and you'll spawn in another pit box, and the pit signs would constantly change in a crowded server making it just annoying and nauseous.

It's not "just because of my opinion", but I think LFS Devs have more important things to do before actually taking time for this kind of details.
My suggestion about pitlane garage signs was posted in the 'Talk about your suggestions on how to improve the LFS simulation' section - not the 'I demand that my suggestion be taken extremely seriously and must be included within LFS at the next update' section.

Its as valid a suggestion as any other on this part of the forum made by people that want to see new cars, new tracks, track editors, insim changes, dynamic weather, server features, etc.

In one way it differs from some suggestions in that it could offer the developers some scope to make some additional income - probably not much as it only costs £1 to have the option to upload an additional 50 car skins - but the option would be there.

Even if the option wasn't available for drivers, it's something that I'd like to see available to server owners, like myself.
#7 - Ped7g
I'm not sure how it will cope with different facilities over different tracks (and I'm too lazy to run LFS to check it out).

But I think there may be added second option too, to customize the pit stop markers on the asphalt, which would work almost everywhere. Maybe just some square sign in the middle.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG