The online racing simulator
I just find having cones all around the track quite ridiculous
Clearly we have different opinions, but IMO 1 of us doesn't understand the rules properly. How I read what Deko put about it only being applied 100% in the overtaking sense - to me that just adds ambiguity and no challenge at all because in normal driving it will be exactly the same as it always has been and we will just have to use less road when we are overtaking another car. It's not like we need an "extra challenge" in overtaking if the problem is we crash into each other too much even after thousands of laps here.
Yeah, note to self not to go into a race with 13 completed laps on that particular combo. More practice next time. At least I haven't took anyone out of the race, altough I was THIS CLOSE to take Rony out with a legendary divebomb.
larrymazadza: You can always switch tyres while in race in the F12 menu, scroll with your arrows to the front and rear and change with left/right arrow.
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :I was THIS CLOSE to take Rony out with a legendary divebomb.

Meh,you would have been just the second,who did it this week! :P

Again mistakes,lost much time and for half of the race I could not remember to brake earlier for first hairpin. Could have been 8th with safe gap in this situation.
Just wondering why there are no complaints about wind - 2nd race in row with pretty evil wind,even if today it was not that wicked,still made some problems.

Quote from larrymazadza :My pace in practice was amazing, consistent and definately somewhere in the top ten.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you,but with 2:32 PB you're pace is way outside top ten. My PB is 5s faster and even I got lucky to finish in top 10 because of quitters. Practice more!
Ugh, would have had a decent pace for the race if it wasn't for the wind. Did several dirtdrop spins. No experience with wind whatsoever. Plus massive areowash. I guess it's just learning by doing, I should practice stints with random low wind probably. Also is it just me or does the car tend to be more oversteery with wind?
Quote from Eclipsed :
Just wondering why there are no complaints about wind - 2nd race in row with pretty evil wind,even if today it was not that wicked,still made some problems.

Because would it change anything? Basically the only reason.

Just curious. How do you handle in race DT's that aren't served during the race due to retirement? Grid penalty for the next race, or does it just get forgotten?
Quote from IsaacPrice :
Quote from Eclipsed :

Because would it change anything? Basically the only reason.

Just curious. How do you handle in race DT's that aren't served during the race due to retirement? Grid penalty for the next race, or does it just get forgotten?

We were discussing how to handle it; we might still change the penalty for Jesse. I put it as a DT during the race, but since he was retired when we judged it, we'd treat it as a post-race DT. It gets tricky when someone's retired and on an own lap.
Just wanned to thank for getting a DT for "Causing an Avoidable Incident " which took admins 52 minutes to actually make that decision. You really see that often in real racing.
First of all you have no idea how much wind affected driving in T1 and i've done my best to leave place which i did. I couldnt predict that Iginla will divebomb Martin Kapal so that everyone will have to go wide. Later on i was almost spun by #8 Iginla and somehow that was not dangerous.

That could have ended with a "warning" but offcourse "racing incident" doesnt exist in LFS, I obviously crashed martin on purpose. This just kills the fun of racing and there's nothing that can be done now, which is just great ._.
I had a look at this incient with and without [4] button racing line and I agree with Garfild, it looked like a clear racing incident to me with one side going too tight and the other too wide, shit happens.
I've seen guys get away with two warnings in FE3 race and here you give a straight up DT, I must say it's all a bit confusing to me.

@ Isaac oh my fault, I thought track limits are to be obeyed at all times, not just when overtaking :|
I didn't think it was your fault either. And Jesse did get a penalty for his contact later in the corner, Adam.
Ohh thats the penalty u were talking about when he spectated later, i take that back then :d (im not gonna defend Iginla but that contact like many other in T1 was just unavoidable because of wind, it took lots of donworce at exit of T1)
I also discussed that withz adam latr on, absolutely unneeded.
( I also watsched the 1st corner a few times.

again sorry to isaac for dat divebomb in T2, I was completely shocked that the braking way get's so much longer with dat wind.

To my race: I had quite fun to mix-up the big's in the first half of the race, thanks to adam letting me pass that easily, so I could hunt teien. Didn't worked out so well, but I could stick within 2 secs.

After pitsop I completly ruined dat with wrong strategy and new tires won't work until 6 laps before end. Later on I had a nice battle with Rony, great feeling to pass the LFSCART champion

The wind was a real ****, especially in T2, chicane and corner after chicane, I had luck to use a high-wing set, so IU could drive a few fastest laps.
appeals@newdimensionracing.com

While we (edit: generally) won't be able to give the actual time lost back, the correct reversal decision (if it would indeed be reversed) is at least removal of the penalty from your record. Although if we do feel it just to do so, we reserve the right to give time back.
Quote from Gutholz :
Bonus quiz:
Guess who finished the race with least contacts to other cars .

Must be Rony
Can't be me - I had some contacts with walls... :/
Yanick Lemmens
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Yanick Lemmens

Good guess but was rear-ended at start in T1 and later touched by spinning car a bit. Both not his fault but still 2 contacts.

Select with mouse to see:
-----

zero contacts:
32 P.Hall
96 R.Kronpu^Bðs

one contact:
24 Ö.Köse

-----
Wow I got points ^^ Nice to know.

LFSCART Series 2014: Round 3 Race Discussion
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG