The online racing simulator
'06 F1 Monaco Grand Prix on VHS/DVD?
I'm looking for a copy of this race on either VHS or DVD. I had to work and missed all but the last 6 laps. :irked: Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a copy (legally of course)?

Thanks, Canuck
you should buy a Tivo! instead

well... gotta have satelite though (well.. actually i think they have one for cable but not sure) they are getting fairly cheap too, and.. very nice
No Tivo's in Canada
surely you can get one off ebay or something, i was afraid that would be so that they dont sell them there, but im sure there is a way of getting one up there
#5 - AdamW
But Shaw will sell you an HD PVR for only slightly more than the price of your soul!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
er... ever heard of torrents?
Quote from Gabkicks :er... ever heard of torrents?

Quote from Vancouver_Canuck :I'm looking for a copy of this race on either VHS or DVD. I had to work and missed all but the last 6 laps. :irked: Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a copy (legally of course)?

Thanks, Canuck

yeah i know he said legally but there are no legal means
OT:
Where is the difference (legally) between a digital copy (.avi), and a analoge copy (VHS)?
Or, if you send a VHS your doing the same "illegal" thing as if you uploaded an .avi somewhere?
So... that means that if you get a VHS by mail, your doing the same illegal thing as downloading a .avi via torrent?

bah... back to work
And good luck getting a PAL version working here. Slightly impossible, lol.
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah i know he said legally but there are no legal means

I added "legally" in there just so that I wouldn't get into any trouble.
Quote :And good luck getting a PAL version working here. Slightly impossible, lol.

There are quite a lot of dual standard video playback devices and have been since the late 80's when Panasonic first unveiled the rather funky Panasonic NVR-1. Now most video players will output both NTSC and PAL, if your television wont play back the signal (which most now can although it wont automatically pan & scan) you can always put the signal into a TV-Encoder card on the PC - which flip format between PAL and Never Twice Same Colour at the flick of a dialogue button.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Found one on ebay. Thanks guys
why pay for it when you can download it and just burn it to a dvd?
Why do you insist on telling someone to download a dvd online?

**ehem rules of forum**

Careful
umm this might be a little too late but the monaco GP is going to be shown again on friday on speed channel in the evening. check your local listings.
Quote from Tweaker :Why do you insist on telling someone to download a dvd online?

**ehem rules of forum**

Careful

how did the person on ebay get it? recording it off of a tv?
Completely different to what I was suggesting Gabkicks. He can do business elsewhere with illegal copies, but if you read the rules of these forums alone, you would think it could be wise to not tell someone to download it via the internet, torrents, etc.... At least, I know the devs wouldn't want to be responsible for having their forum as a middle-man for that kind of activity.
i'm just answering the question. by what legal means can he obtain a video of the 2006 monaco race?
Quote from Ted Hung :umm this might be a little too late but the monaco GP is going to be shown again on friday on speed channel in the evening. check your local listings.

It's on at 9:00 pm PT (Friday).

I didn't win the copy on ebay so you just saved me about 20 bucks!

Thanks
Glad you're gonna get to see it m8. The first stint is awesome!
Quote :Do you ever have anything nice to say about anything?

That depends on if you believe in rebirth, I can't have been this cynical in every former life.
The huge legal gray area. You can make a backup for your own personal use, you just can't distribute it. That said, if you want it, I've got it. (I don't think Max is going to sue a small time guy like me over some F1 footage (Well I've got the full 2005 season and all the races from this season on my hard drive.). They'd probably welcome to attention tho.)
Quote from thisnameistaken :Er... I taped ITV's broadcast, so I've got a PAL VHS copy here. Do you want me to figure out the postage?

He'd have to get a TV License to watch it :P
Technically, no As the licence, although required to watch TV, only pays for the BBC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG