The online racing simulator
New Driver with G27 and DK2
(6 posts, started )
Hi I am new and a Oculus Rift DK2 owner, first post

I bought LFS as soon as I saw that they support the DK2, Its it very awesome I use to have a Genius F1 cheap wheel, but got a G27 recently (a bit of a difference).

I am not a very good driver at them moment but I am practicing, Ive got banned from one server for bad driving, I wasn't warned or anything or I couldn't see it because of the rift, but I am not protesting my ban, I did read the ban post, and will contact the server I got banned from, as soon as I can drive better.

here's my questions:
- Can you get actual car models? and where's the best place? I did find in Google one but they want me to share in FB before I can download, that I am not going to do.

- How do you get your SR 65%+ mines 61% because I made a few mistakes

and that's all for now, I really enjoy this Sim.
There are no actual car models in LFS.
People have made mods, but they are not official and aren't supported on most servers anyway.

I have no clue what SR is, but think it has something to do with how clean (on track, no hits, etc) you have been driving, as I have seen such stats on some servers.
Don't worry about them, as they are not official LFS parameters but are created with InSim applications.
As Yisc[NL] has said there are unoffical car mods out there on the web but they do not work online because as soon as you join a server you will get a JOOS error (i might be wrong) resulting in you getting kicked from the server for having an invalid .VOB file (basically there are car files).

From the videos i have seen with people driving with Oculus it might take new racers quite a while to get upto some sort of speed when driving online so the only advice i can give you if to take it very easy when you are getting lapped, i would say stick with the slower cars (XFG/XRG) for now until your are confident that you are staying with people that are at your speed without causing to chaos for other people around you who are faster.
thanks for the replies, will stick with std cars, and keep it slow and safe for now
Quote from Yisc[NL] :There are no actual car models in LFS.

Yes there are!
Raceabout
MRT
FBM
BF1

Furthermore, all the other cars are subtly based on real cars. For example FZ5 is based on a Porsche, obviously the LX cars are caterhams/westfields, the XRG/T/R are versions of the Mitsubishi Starion, the Formula XR is a Formula Renault and so on.
I can tell you where to get some caar modes. I have tried them and they work great. But i think i am not allowed to say the name of the website hear. Please some one let me know if i can tell him where to find them.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG