The online racing simulator
Lets see some real tracks!
(22 posts, started )
I don't know about everyone else, but I think LFS would really benefit by having some real F1 tracks such as Monte Carlo, Silverstone, Melbourne, Montreal, etc. Is there some kind of legal/licensing issue stoping them from doing so? If you can have real cars such as the BMW Sauber, why not have real tracks as well?
You already named it.
Scavier has a license for the BF1. Scavier does not have a license for any real tracks, as far we know yet anyways.

Case closed.
#4 - Sk0rp
I fell very well on the actual tracks. IMO no real tracks are needed in the game. I like it that the game has very custom tracks. The original racetracks like Monza, Monaco, Hockenheim, Melborne, etc. are nice, no question, but everybody knows the track. It would get boring quickly IMO

Greetings Sk0rp
would like to see a really long 'ring style circuit coming of Westhill's tiny fast circuit
Quote from Vancouver_Canuck :I don't know about everyone else, but I think LFS would really benefit by having some real F1 tracks such as Monte Carlo, Silverstone, Melbourne, Montreal, etc. Is there some kind of legal/licensing issue stoping them from doing so? If you can have real cars such as the BMW Sauber, why not have real tracks as well?

wow i dont think anyone here's ever thought of how nice it would be to have real tracks in lfs. I'm suprized this is the 1st thread on the subject.
#7 - X-Ter
I've been reading these threads about real tracks wanted in LFS for a number of times. I've stopped counting how many of them there are, and they all say the same thing. No real tracks cause of licenseing problems.
But have anyone considered the fact that there are so many smaller racing circuits in the world that might not demand any license money? I bet that some of the smaller curcuits in the world would welcome the publicity, if it was done right.
Take Sweden for example... I'm not sure how many outside of Sweden know about Karlskoga, Falkenberg, Knutstorp the even less known Kinnekulle. And I'm sure there are tracks like this in just about every country. Wouldn't it at least be possible to ask the owners of these tracks? Wouldn't this put a lid on this discussion once and for all?
Just a suggestion
Falkenberg rules! Suits the GPL 1965 cars perfectly :up:
I like your idea. +1
#9 - AdamW
But then if the advantage is that they're regional tracks no-one knows or cares about, the disadvantage is...

...they're regional tracks no-one knows or cares about . People want tracks like Monaco, Monza, the 'Ring, Suzuka (or is that just me?), Laguna Seca, Sears Point etc because they know them, they see them being driven in real life by big name drivers and it's kinda fun to drive the same circuits. Maybe it's different for other people, but personally I wouldn't get any more excited about a real track I've never heard of than I would about a good 'fantasy' track.
i know falkenberg from the netkar namie 0.99 demo .. i really enjoyed the track. but it is not BF1 compatible

well, if real or not, i dont care. but a few more tracks would be nice, cuz racing in a league with 15 races a season based on aston and kyoto gets really boring after some time....
Once LFS is completed and moddable you will see many tracks, some good some bad, give it time, once the physics are worked out
Quote from AdamW : but personally I wouldn't get any more excited about a real track I've never heard of than I would about a good 'fantasy' track.

I would get excited about something like Lydden.

Couldn't the devs make Norisring under a different name? It's just public roads (like any other street circuit). Called it Nurembergring or something
Quote from Sk0rp :I fell very well on the actual tracks. IMO no real tracks are needed in the game. I like it that the game has very custom tracks. The original racetracks like Monza, Monaco, Hockenheim, Melborne, etc. are nice, no question, but everybody knows the track. It would get boring quickly IMO

Greetings Sk0rp

+100
Quote from X-Ter :I've been reading these threads about real tracks wanted in LFS for a number of times. I've stopped counting how many of them there are, and they all say the same thing. No real tracks cause of licenseing problems.
But have anyone considered the fact that there are so many smaller racing circuits in the world that might not demand any license money? I bet that some of the smaller curcuits in the world would welcome the publicity, if it was done right.
Take Sweden for example... I'm not sure how many outside of Sweden know about Karlskoga, Falkenberg, Knutstorp the even less known Kinnekulle. And I'm sure there are tracks like this in just about every country. Wouldn't it at least be possible to ask the owners of these tracks? Wouldn't this put a lid on this discussion once and for all?
Just a suggestion

i ave thought about that and gathered some small, infamous tracks maps. since im not on my personal PC right now, i cant share them with you. maybe tomorrow. not tonight its my Bday, so no LFS for me tonight !!!!
ill share them with you in a short while but that idea is defenitly a keeper !!
I like the unreal tracks alot to.. sure i want some real tracks but it costs a lot for a license and it is verry hard to make a real tracks just as realistic as in reality.. i would like to see some tracks not build like FE_green.. there you race somewhere on a racetrack in the jungle with manny obstacles.. i like realistic layouts more

m.v.g
Hendrik
I mean not like FERN BAY to much obstacles and verry hard to stay on track..

we just need some layouts like Aston, Blackwood and stuf like that.. but then wit some hairpins and chicanes with some bouncy curbs..
#17 - Vain
That's personal preferance. I don't like Aston and Blackwood, I prefer Fern Bay. The more narrow and twisty the better.

Vain
#18 - joen
I would much rather see new configs of Westhill and Blackwood, and totally new tracks. I already know most of the real tracks and have played them numerous times in GP 2/3/4.
Totally new tracks are much more exciting to me.
I see people mention Monaco, why? What´s so special about Monaco? We´ve got Soutch City already. I hate Monaco, it´s only there because of the money involved, not because it´s such a great track.
But yes, this has been discussed to death. There´s a thread like this or about Nordschleife almost on a weekly basis.
A good point was brought up about getting smaller less-known tracks...

Personally.. I just want more tracks that are really fun to drive. (Ie. NOT current F1 tracks. ) I want more variety, but all to be fun. Real or not, I don't care.
And to add to the point about smaller, less known track... If there where such a track in LFS, we'd suddenly have something to compare times and performance with from real life. Wouldn't it feel great to compare the GTR's times on Knutstorp against the times from Swedish GT and see if they match? Wouldn't it be cool to drive the TBO's around Kinnekulle Ring and compare the times set by real cars of about the same configuration? If nothing else, we'd get a refference point to compare with.

Again, only suggestions. And I have to agree on the above statement about Monao. It's a shitty track that happens to be famous, thats all. And many of the more famous tracks are really shitty. Better then to use less known tracks that are fun
Bah, down with the Monaco-bashing already! If it was included in LFS, any server that was running it would be very popular. With me anyway

Imagine FOXs, UFRs and of course BF1s at Monaco...admit it, that would rule!
Quote from Hankstar :Bah, down with the Monaco-bashing already! If it was included in LFS, any server that was running it would be very popular. With me anyway

Imagine FOXs, UFRs and of course BF1s at Monaco...admit it, that would rule!

Yep

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG