The online racing simulator
Looks like the new SDK 0.4.2 has improved chromatic aberration correction and people are reporting a clearer image so I think I will update my sdk this time and give it a try when I get home. Not sure what they have done but it seems in the oculus config utility it takes note now of your eye relief.

Edit - There is also an updated runtime which you need to update the rifts firmware at the same time.
Direct mode works better as well. At least I can run Unity demos in direct mode without problems.

Hopefully Scawen will be able to implement that at some point as it reduces latency and greatly simplifies usage for less tech savvy people.
Yeah. Probably just as important is the ability to have the image also rendered onto the monitor so you can see what your friend is doing in the rift!
No more PATCH's?
Quote from HKing :No more PATCH's?

Scawen is planning to relese an update next week:
Quote from Scawen :By the way, still working on the graphical improvements, it turned out quite a bit of restructuring was required and that can be a bit tough to do without breaking things.

But getting close now - you should have an update next week, with the smoother trees and various other objects with transparency (many places you see the harsh, non-antialiased edges of "alpha test" now). This is good for everyone, not only Rift users.

Quote from Flame CZE :
Quote from HKing :No more PATCH's?

Scawen is planning to relese an update next week:
Quote from Scawen :By the way, still working on the graphical improvements, it turned out quite a bit of restructuring was required and that can be a bit tough to do without breaking things.

But getting close now - you should have an update next week, with the smoother trees and various other objects with transparency (many places you see the harsh, non-antialiased edges of "alpha test" now). This is good for everyone, not only Rift users.

Thanks!
looks real
Hi!

I just wanted to share this in case anyone knows what's happening.

I've been having an issue where my DK2 seemed to be turning off and then on again (with all games) but also crashing to desktop because it has been 'unplugged'.

Last night something strange happened with LFS. I tried my luck to see how long I could play for, after about 15 minutes I hear the 'bingbong' as if it's been unplugged, then the noise again as if it had been plugged in again, but this time it didn't crash to desktop. The strange this is I realized LFS was a tiny bit darker and it was smoother, so I can only presume that I was suddenly in low persistence mode. I know this should be on by default but I definitely noticed the change. I played for quite a while after that with no problems.

So that was it, I just found that quite strange
That low persistence (or strange state) bug is one of the things I've reported at Oculus forums but got no response. LFS definitely sets it every time, but occasionally the driver / Rift starts in a wrong state (ignoring the settings LFS sets immediately after initialising the headset). This failed state can be corrected some time later by switching low persistence off and back on again.
https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10913&p=177638#p177638

If I knew the reason, I could produce a workaround. E.g. should LFS wait a second then switch low persistence on again in case it failed the first time... who knows? That's why I hoped for a reply from Oculus.

To be fair, there are hundreds of bug reports at Oculus each day, and according to them, they can't look at all the bugs.
If anyone gets that "strange state" bug regularly, instead of randomly / occasionally like most people, please do let me know, as you may be the perfect test case for an attempted workaround.

To explain the mysterious "strange state" bug once more - it's when you start LFS in the Rift and it's kind of laggy / blurry, and you can fix it by switching low persistence off and back on. It's a bug in the Rift drivers, but it seems that it could be fixed by LFS, using a workaround or a delay before setting the low low persistence, something like that.
hi

with latest patch the reset position (at the beginning ) isn't working right

then I try with the button and not correct (it only moves to the right by about 5% of what it should)

went back to previous patch & worked fine again
It's just that in F8, the central position must face the camera. It doesn't support offset camera positioning but that will be supported again in F9.
ok thanks, I'll stick with previous version until f9 then thanks
Oups, I find I just founded the way to remove the health and safety warning of the Occulus Rift, even if I don't have one to test.

(( @Mod & Devs : Delete this message if you want, but don't worry, I'll not share (publicly) how to do it ))
Some bug with cyrillic
Attached images
lfs_00000069-2.jpg
lfs_00000069.jpg
Quote from denis-takumi :Some bug with cyrillic

Thanks, that bug with accents on tall letters in the names above cars is fixed in my version.
theres a problem

everytime the car hits a bump or AI comes in from the screen moves so much like the tracking is off but my head is completely still
Does anyone know why the screen renders twice per eye? It seems that tracking is working, but I see two of everything. There are some other games that do that as well.
Quote from aswokei :Does anyone know why the screen renders twice per eye? It seems that tracking is working, but I see two of everything. There are some other games that do that as well.

Try this if it helps:
Quote from Scawen :
You should not have to make the DK2 the main screen.

Please can you do this, so we know the exact error message reported by LFS when you try to set it onto the Rift.

1) Set your monitor as the main monitor, with Rift in extended desktop mode (in such a way that you can partially slide a window from your desktop into the Rift and see it in the correct orientation).

2) Start LFS (on your main monitor and go to View Options).

3) Click 2D if it's already in 3D mode.

4) Click 3D, select Oculus Rift in the dialog, then click OK.

Now, at this point, what is the exact error message reported by LFS that tells you you can't use the Rift as the secondary monitor?

Quote from Flame CZE :
Quote from aswokei :Does anyone know why the screen renders twice per eye? It seems that tracking is working, but I see two of everything. There are some other games that do that as well.

Try this if it helps:
Quote from Scawen :
You should not have to make the DK2 the main screen.

Please can you do this, so we know the exact error message reported by LFS when you try to set it onto the Rift.

1) Set your monitor as the main monitor, with Rift in extended desktop mode (in such a way that you can partially slide a window from your desktop into the Rift and see it in the correct orientation).

2) Start LFS (on your main monitor and go to View Options).

3) Click 2D if it's already in 3D mode.

4) Click 3D, select Oculus Rift in the dialog, then click OK.

Now, at this point, what is the exact error message reported by LFS that tells you you can't use the Rift as the secondary monitor?

That worked. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#621 - CZE
Hey all.I know patch 6F8 is here long time but i instaled it yesterday (before i was with 6E) and something wnet wrong.
When i choose car i got this error : "Could not create pixel shader (Car1) D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"
Car is matte and without any texture (look at picture).So can anyone hepl me how to fix it?

PC SPEC : 512 RAM,128MB video card Nvidia GeForce4 MX4000,Win XP

THX for idea and suggestion...

P.S. : Why i cant put picture to spoiler??if i use spoiler it wont show my picture after click on spoiler :/
Make sure you extract the whole patch, not just LFS.exe. There is a "shaders" folder that takes care of those things.
Quote from CZE :Nvidia GeForce4 MX4000

There is your problem. Your graphics card doesn't support Pixel Shaders, since it's quite ancient.

Quote from molocco :Is there any plans for lfs to support the Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition

I don't think LFS could run on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 at stable 60FPS.
Hey guys,

I need a bit of help. I've recieved my Oculus Rift DK2 today and have played several demo's. Awesome stuff but whenever I try to play LFS using the DK2, something is wrong. I've tried multiple things but whenever I go to the 3D mode and select the Rift, it says tracking isn't enabled. It's very weird because it already says that in that status thingy. The Rift has been found but it doesn't use the tracking. The tracking camera is enabled and working fine.

I don't get any of this either: "You should be given the option to exit, ready to restart in Rift mode".
Again, it does recognise the DK2, but can't use tracking. Whenever I do go into 3D mode after following all the steps, closing the game manually and start it again, nothing happens. Not on my main monitor and not on the Rift either. I just see my Rift as a 2nd monitor and that's it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6F12 (Rift DK2)
(832 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG