The online racing simulator
What Cars Would You Buy For $116,000?
(35 posts, started )
Blah I found no historic racing cars at ebay so no game for me.
Tricked out Nissan Silvia series...like, 5 of them!
So here is my initial list. It is kind of a work in process as I have probably missed few cars that would be better than these. But anyways here is my list:

Daily driver:
2010 Hyundai Genesis COUPE: link

Track days and and such
Shifter kart & trailer: link
2002 Jeep Wrangler: link
2002 Honda S2000: link
1965 Cobra Factory Five: link
RADICAL SR3: link

Silly:
1970 Lincoln Continental: link
1973 Volkswagen Beetle: link

Transporting:
2000 Ford Super Duty F-350 XL (bonus for being super ugly!): link
2005 Holmes Steel Deck Car Hauler/Trailer 18X83: link

That leaves me about 500 left which I can't really find any use for.

Edit: crap, forgot rally cars on that list
In Australian Money:

A used 1st gen Nissan GT-R

A Race Setup E36 BMW, with trailer
Does it have to be a car?
I get stuck in multi-hour gridlock on my commute regularly so I'm thinking Earth Mover or Tank. Not a Monster Truck. You really shouldn't get those dirty.

Kinda off topic. but during those commutes, I come across quite a few of those types of cages that are in this price range, driving along in the same mess.
Yeah. Guys making up for their inadequacy in cars able to go from zero to sixty in two seconds...Lucky if they can go from Fifteen to Twenty five in Thirty Minutes.
Anyways, know what all these over-priced cage drivers have in common? Sore necks.

....1940's Harley Knuckle head with a hard tail and springer forks....
A Honda Rune... A 1968 honda CB 750... A Vincent Velocette.
A Triumph Bonneville... A real Triumph. A leaker bobber chopper at that.
And a 1973 Ford Ranchero GT with a Blueprinted 351 Cleveland, glass packs, and a mark IV transmission with a shift kit and a sunroof Like I used to have to have to pick up the bikes when they break down.
#32 - JJ72
errr...assume we totally neglect the cost to refurbish it?
Quote from Racer Y :Does it have to be a car?
I get stuck in multi-hour gridlock on my commute regularly so I'm thinking Earth Mover or Tank. Not a Monster Truck. You really shouldn't get those dirty.

Kinda off topic. but during those commutes, I come across quite a few of those types of cages that are in this price range, driving along in the same mess.
Yeah. Guys making up for their inadequacy in cars able to go from zero to sixty in two seconds...Lucky if they can go from Fifteen to Twenty five in Thirty Minutes.
Anyways, know what all these over-priced cage drivers have in common? Sore necks.

....1940's Harley Knuckle head with a hard tail and springer forks....
A Honda Rune... A 1968 honda CB 750... A Vincent Velocette.
A Triumph Bonneville... A real Triumph. A leaker bobber chopper at that.
And a 1973 Ford Ranchero GT with a Blueprinted 351 Cleveland, glass packs, and a mark IV transmission with a shift kit and a sunroof Like I used to have to have to pick up the bikes when they break down.

I remember my list i included a truck and trailer to make it more feasible. Just used a Dodge RAM 2500 and a shitty featherlite trailer though haha.
We had something similar going on some time ago with a friend, only differences were that we counted only car prices and 50k€ was the limit

BMW 850i (-11,995$)
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (-12,000$)

Nissan 240SX (-6,200$) (Yes, it's readily built as i'd consider it for the trackdays )
Porsche Boxster (-38,000$) (Another one for not going sideways )
Arrow X1E w/ Rotax 125cc (-3,500$) (A must.)

Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon (-8,800$) (I reckon it'd work great as a daily)
VW Touareg V10 TDi (-14,000$)
Honda Integra Type-R (-10,100$)

That leaves me with 11,405$ and nothing I found to buy anymore, and that would most likely go towards trailers/moving gear for karts and track cars. Pretty sure I forgot a few cars I was going to add to the list but with 8 cars I'd be pretty satisfied.

What Cars Would You Buy For $116,000?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG