The online racing simulator
Driving Force GT problems
(12 posts, started )
Problem 1: The wheel only turns 180° lock to lock. I have tried different values of the "Wheel turn" and "Wheel turn compensation" settings in-game, but it hasn't helped. Ideally I'd like my wheel turn as much as the cars in-game.

Problem 2: I feel like I have some kind of steering assist on. When I spin out my wheel turns automatically to straighten the car or turn it in the right direction, even when I have my hands off the wheel. Sliding around also engages this sometimes, which results in lots of overcorrecting. (If needed I can post a video of this.)
Install the drivers and set it up like this this

What driver version are these screenshots from?
Quote from Whiskey :Install the drivers and set it up like this this

Thanks a lot, that solved the first problem!
Any suggestions for problem 2?
"Problem 2" is not actually a problem,it's how physical forces actually work on front wheels of a car.
...it also depends on the controls settings in-game (wheel turn compensation, -ratio, etc...).
Quote from Badoer :Thanks a lot, that solved the first problem!
Any suggestions for problem 2?

Try setting ye' shite up at Control Panel - Search - View Devices and printers - your wheel - right click - game controller setting and under the properties for the force feedback.
Here's what I'm talking about. Is there a way to disable that effect without disabling Force Feedback altogether?
It's not any effect, as Eclipsed said, that's how FFB works. Any real car would do that in a similar situation.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :It's not any effect, as Eclipsed said, that's how FFB works. Any real car would do that in a similar situation.

Okay, I guess I'll have to learn to not spin... Is it safe to fight back without fear of breaking my wheel?

Thanks for the help everybody!
It should be safe. My DFGT has survived 2 years now,then again - I started to drive without FFB,just because I was used to drive without,but last year I bought a car,after driving real car,could not race without FFB anymore. But still I'm using quite small force - 10-30% (100% in profiler).
Quote from Badoer :Okay, I guess I'll have to learn to not spin... Is it safe to fight back without fear of breaking my wheel?

Thanks for the help everybody!

just fight it like samurai..i was using pretty high ffb strength when i used dfgt...3 years long without any problem.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG