The online racing simulator
USA Test Server, Please Try Out!
(22 posts, started )
If you are in USA, Australia, Mexico, and Canada please try out - of course everybody is welcome to come try (and race!)

Server: USA Test Server

It's currently in demo mode, if the demo server fills up a bit day to day I'll add s2 server on same system. Mainly just want to see wine's CPU usage- if we provide some USA LFS servers we will utilize Windows & TCAdmin.

Server is located in Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Quote :Utilize this if you are curious about global ping times, thanks to @Chriship

Ping: evilpuma.com @ http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/ping.php

If you have an active server and mostly USA people- ask me for FREE test server too, must have proof of existing activity.

Quote ://User Reported Pings
California1: USA: 50 Steady (me)
Argentina1: 250-500*
China1: 200 Average
France, Nord: 170 ~ 180
The Netherlands: 160-170
Italy: 200-220
Mother Russia : 270~

*Ping spikes, may be related to LFS Racers internet connection
I'd be glad to help you out, I should be on later today.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :I'd be glad to help you out, I should be on later today.

Thanks, maybe I'll throw up the s2 by then
#4 - kdo
Hey, i joined the server.

From France, Nord. only 170 ~ 180.
Hello

From The Netherlands

~160-170
Quote from cmanns :
Portugal / Brazil: 250-300

Brazil shouldn't be that high. You are aware that Portugal is in Europe and not near Brazil, right?
Hi,
From italy 200-220
Viraaj
Hi, the ping of the Russia ~270ms
Quote from Bmxtwins :Brazil shouldn't be that high. You are aware that Portugal is in Europe and not near Brazil, right?

I was going off their language used, not all reported location nor did I feel like tracing anyones IP

Most of all players I've seen logged in had 180-280 ping that wasn't from connecting from USA.

----

It seems the pings everybody gets, is what USA folk would get connecting to 90% of the current servers out there. I also raced with a few people in BFM that had 180-250 ping, it was semi-smooth occasional. The current smoothness is 5 I believe, not sure if 4 or 6 would be better for higher latency.

Thanks for testing everyone
So you are saying there is a correlation between language and internet ping? A little geography, Spain is really close to Portugal...
Quote from Mustangman759 :So you are saying there is a correlation between language and internet ping? A little geography, Spain is really close to Portugal...

I never said that, and having been to Spain, and 12+ other countries, plus hosting web services for nearly 10 years now thats just silly. They either answered to Portugal or Brazil so I put "Portugal / Brazil: 250-300"

Glad to see USA people so bothered by a location being posted, we're mainly looking for USA pings, however 99% of people who have joined are from another country so it's nice to see what they are getting.

I almost never have below 240ms ping to LFS servers in over 8 years, it was neat to see some people having 180-220 and playing smooth on our test server.

Thanks for bringing this off topic Bmxtwins and Mustangman759 I suppose you guys failed to notice others are (thankfully) posting pings instead of nitpicking. I'll start tracing IP's before I post them to the list.
Quote from cmanns :I never said that, and having been to Spain, and 12+ other countries, plus hosting web services for nearly 10 years now thats just silly. They either answered to Portugal or Brazil so I put "Portugal / Brazil: 250-300"

Glad to see USA people so bothered by a location being posted, we're mainly looking for USA pings, however 99% of people who have joined are from another country so it's nice to see what they are getting.

I almost never have below 240ms ping to LFS servers in over 8 years, it was neat to see some people having 180-220 and playing smooth on our test server.

Thanks for bringing this off topic Bmxtwins and Mustangman759 I suppose you guys failed to notice others are (thankfully) posting pings instead of nitpicking. I'll start tracing IP's before I post them to the list.

Not for nothing but I hve always had a ping less than 150 to europe on my own servers that I have rented from 500 , qservers and 110 to bwhosting. This is from ct to either GB or NL. So a 180-220 ping is quite high. That said internet in arizona takes the worst routes I have ever seen from past experiences... So seems like a solid ping for the location. I'll test it in 2 hrs when I am home
from uk i get 200
From CT 80-90 with spike to 100, which is okay.
48ms average ping from Texas, spike at 56.

Also, sorry about not getting on the server, things got hectic that night.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Not for nothing but I hve always had a ping less than 150 to europe on my own servers that I have rented from 500 , qservers and 110 to bwhosting. This is from ct to either GB or NL. So a 180-220 ping is quite high. That said internet in arizona takes the worst routes I have ever seen from past experiences... So seems like a solid ping for the location. I'll test it in 2 hrs when I am home

Yeah I've mostly been on West Coast, I believe when I was located in North Carolina, USA pings were a bit better on LFS europe servers.

The mass ping list Chriship posted actually looked decent in some areas.
Quote from Chriship :Hello cmanns

You might want to use this website

http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/ping.php

Makes a ping to the desired IP from 90 different locations.

Quite helpfull

~F

nice! A bit odd that it displays 60-80% packet loss for just about all locations though. Pretty sure that's not actually the case.
When using IPv6 it reports no lost packets though (you can try with mail.lfs.net).
Hello Victor,

That's actually releated to your IP. I've just tried to do it with my server IP and works perfectly

Not sure why this happens to mail.lfs.net, but surely not releated to the website but to your server.

~F
I don't think it's our server / connection.
If I ping the monitoring servers of that site from my end, there's no loss at all.
http://tools.pingdom.com/ping/ (used by isp's to keep an eye on networks) also shows no loss.
Anyway, it's a nice tool - it still gives apparently correct latency values, which is nice to know.
Stable 200 at me on the USA test server

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG