The online racing simulator
c# Program tips!?
(5 posts, started )
c# Program tips!?
Hey, Been coding around with c# visual studio.
Ive done some easy programs and some useful programs, But what have you done for kind of programs?
Tips and ideas to have as a little project?
I havent got any ideas anymore , I am making alot of Form applications, So post

what you have made for program/projects? post some idéas and tips!!

-David! aka Sture
I've not tried c# but I've dabbled in c++ (and write applications for MS Excel using VBA for a living).

My thing I'm most proud of is writing my own 3D engine using Directx10, and writing a lava shader for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOthukbpH6c

All the lava is running on the GPU; it has volume and velocity, both of which affect each other - deep lava flows faster than shallow lava - and will flow down any heightmap you give it.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
#3 - Tommy
I wanted to make a fully-fledged controller proxy for LFS in c#, but it is in my queue for to long now (to busy doing paid projects). I made some pilot app that proved that the concept worked and you can alter the output for your own liking with additional data from insim, outgauge, etc. (for example: press clutch when you are driving car with sequential gearbox and have the gas pedal pressed while doing down-shift)

The parts are already there: vJoy for output, lots of articles for controller input, insim, outgauge c# libraries.

Here are other possibilities:
-ALS on depressing gas pedal (turn ignition off and press the gas pedal)
-Cancel turn signals
-Valet parking after the race (pre-recorded route to pits)
-Pace car
Made a game for Xbox 360 and PC.

Grab XNA game studio and do some tutorials.

The game I made was a 2D side scrolling space shooter. Very basic but quite cool as it would run on both 360 and PC and supported 4 players on the 360.
#5 - Jakg
I made a Chess engine. It wasn't very good.

c# Program tips!?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG