The online racing simulator
wheel view+ rear view mirror
(14 posts, started )
I was just wondering if it is possible to use 'wheel view' and still have a rear-view mirror. I keep cutting people up without knowing that's all .
No, AFAIK, mirrors are only available in cockpit view. Realism.
oh
There is a "virtual" mirror in the display options. Turn that on and you have a mirror in the upper middle of the screen.
Quote from bahrain :I was just wondering if it is possible to use 'wheel view' and still have a rear-view mirror. I keep cutting people up without knowing that's all .

Yes it is possible. You need to switch to wheels view, and then goto OPTIONS > VIEW and turn on the Mirror to "Virtual" (I think it is in View menu, or maybe Display) Just look for that option, and a mirror should pop up top dead center
Quote from Tweaker :Yes it is possible. You need to switch to wheels view, and then goto OPTIONS > VIEW and turn on the Mirror to "Virtual" (I think it is in View menu, or maybe Display) Just look for that option, and a mirror should pop up top dead center

Quote from mrodgers post #4 :There is a "virtual" mirror in the display options. Turn that on and you have a mirror in the upper middle of the screen.

Pay attention Tweak! Either that or get out of the racing servers a little earlier, hehehe .

Just kidding bud .
It's not that i dont know people are there, it's more that i dont know which side they're trying to pass me on :P thanks everyone, virtual mirror is great =]!
#9 - P1lot
Shift+M to toggle real/virtual/no mirrors
Quote from bahrain :It's not that i dont know people are there, it's more that i dont know which side they're trying to pass me on :P thanks everyone, virtual mirror is great =]!

Pit Spotter will solve this issue
Quote from Viper93 :Pit Spotter will solve this issue

Pitspotter is a fantastic tool and I never race without it. But it doesn't eliminate the need for track awareness. You still need to know that someone is coming up behind you or that they are about to move to one of your sides. Pitspotter will only tell you once they are there. It is more a tool to let you know you are clear from someone after a pass, either you passing or getting passed. Once you are at your turn-in point and someone dives underneath you, pitspotter is too late to tell you. You need to know that car is making a move before he is there and you turn into him.
Quote from mrodgers :Pitspotter is a fantastic tool and I never race without it. But it doesn't eliminate the need for track awareness. You still need to know that someone is coming up behind you or that they are about to move to one of your sides. Pitspotter will only tell you once they are there. It is more a tool to let you know you are clear from someone after a pass, either you passing or getting passed. Once you are at your turn-in point and someone dives underneath you, pitspotter is too late to tell you. You need to know that car is making a move before he is there and you turn into him.

Yes your right. I didn't mean that you couldn't and shouldn't know where the person is, Pit Spotter just helps you. You should always know where the other driver is.
Quote from Viper93 :You should always know where the other driver is.

Yes, i do. Behind me, and that is the way it stays... ;-)
Quote from Viper93 :Yes your right. I didn't mean that you couldn't and shouldn't know where the person is, Pit Spotter just helps you. You should always know where the other driver is.

Yea, that wasn't a stab at you or anything, Viper. I was just generally posting there as confirmation on that point. Point being that he was originally asking about the "virtual" mirror, so therefore he obviously can't see his side mirrors, and it's possible with a lower FOV, you can't position the rear mirror into your view. I was just clarifying that pitspotter does NOT replace the mirrors, just complements them .

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG