The online racing simulator
GT World Series 2014: Debrief
We thank you all for your participation in the 2014 GT World Series campaign, be it racing, team managing, commentating, or administrating. Your participation has been invaluable to making this a good season.

The participation numbers were disappointing for the most part, especially the 24 hour race. It is a sad sign of the current state of Live for Speed. What is good is how competitive it was despite the low numbers. Although it may not be because it's the fastest in the world like MoE used to have, it's because those here still love to race.

The server issues leave a large black mark on the season. My insistence on wind mid-season is a large black mark. The season felt more like a drag on me than it should have been. I'm still glad enough people helped to make it work like it did.

I'm not really positive to doing another big endurance race series like this, and perhaps devolving it into a single-class shorter endurance series, a la IGTC format or GT2WS style lengths of races. The LFS community was stretched thin to do these 12h and 24h races, can it really do it a year from now?

Be not afeared, there will still be events by NDR in LFS for the time being.
Although Corse is quite young, it was good to participate!

Such well organised events should definitely stay and evolve along with the LFs community.

The LFS community is shrinking perhaps.. although heavily supported by the oral complaining. After rain comes sunshine and when not... at least the community itself shouldn't facilitate the ending.

Corse will be there Deko when organising such events again.

Whether some mistakes may have happened... couldn't be arsed less... thanks for organising and putting that much effort in!

Greets!
Thank you very much again to everybody!

I will wait for next NDR events with big impatience!
Quote from BorislavB :I will wait for next NDR events with big impatience!

Same here

Great patience from the organizers to deal with us and again it has been a very fascinating and enjoyable series, proud to have been a part of it
Thanks deko for this! I really enjoy following and racing the events of NDR and looking forward for the upcoming!
#6 - Bean0
Although I may appear at times to be an NDR person, I really don't do much except when it all goes a bit Pete Tong (ie. those who are driving fail epically ), however I do appreciate that Deko and the other NDR Admins put a lot of effort into organising these series and thank them for being given the opportunity to be involved.

As anyone else who has organised a league/series will know, it is equally time consuming and involved as actually racing for the administration team, and every decision is scrutinised by all involved...for better or for worse.

This year we've had some bad luck with regards to server stability, but I think we can all accept that this is something outside of the control of the Series administration. These incidents have been dealt with in a consistent and professional manner by NDR, with all aspects accounted for when arranging how to resolve the various issues that are caused by these unfortunate circumstances.

Decreasing entrant counts is obviously disappointing, but this is a reflection of the stagnant nature of LFS in general. Hopefully things will change in the near future and bring back the enthusiasm that existed previously.

Yay for drunken posting, and quite frankly, '**** you' if you disagree.

#7 - OTone
lol

GT World Series 2014: Debrief
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG