The online racing simulator
The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
(163 posts, started )
#1 - Mysho

'murica!
...damn it I can't find that gif of the cosmonaut guy from Armageddon..

And the Russian delegations walking in to a (remixed) song from Tatu ... am I the only one who finds this a little ironic?
Quote from ACCAkut :
And the Russian delegations walking in to a (remixed) song from Tatu ... am I the only one who finds this a little ironic?

I find it much more ironic that they were boasting about various Russian accomplishments throughout its entire history during the ceremony - even about those that weren't really Russian - but they can't get drinking water to the hotels...
Wow, I think my city did better to host the Panamerican games two years ago. Poor Russia, I would be really ashamed, and even more after seeing this:

#9 - Mysho
Quote from Mysho :sorry for hyper OT, but what film is this taken from?

Con Air.
Yes, the infrastructure is lacking. Yes, there are problems. But Sochi is one of the biggest resort towns in Russia, there's no way they cannot offer the level of comfort all those haters are expecting. I understand the athletes complaining, but not the media personnel and tourists.

They probably have booked the cheapest hotels in town to save some money (because, really, who gives a crap about the Winter Olympics) and are acting all surprised when things start turning to shit.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :(because, really, who gives a crap about the Winter Olympics)

I do

I enjoy watching curling
The biggest fail is - the open ceremony was not that spectacular as I thought it's gonna be, knowing the fact 51 billion dollars have been invested into all this stuff. The part of the show wasn't that spectacular and decorations looked a bit cheap. Every previous country hosted the olympic games for 7 billion dollars, and now such an overrun of 39 billion dollars. Corrupcy in Russia at its best!
How do doors become jammed, did he lock himself up? and WHY. I hate people who do that, my brother for example. No one is gonna walk in on you hearing the shower and seeing the light ffs, you can slip on the soap or something like that and people then have to break the door to help you.. and not all doors are this fragile.
"I don't know why people are surprised at the horrible living conditions in Sochi. If you ban all the gays from your town, your interior decorating is going to suffer."
Quote from Boris Lozac :How do doors become jammed, did he lock himself up? and WHY. I hate people who do that, my brother for example. No one is gonna walk in on you hearing the shower and seeing the light ffs, you can slip on the soap or something like that and people then have to break the door to help you.. and not all doors are this fragile.

A lot of people don't pay attention to the lights!
Any streams where I can watch anything apart from figure skating that NBC is streaming?
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :"I don't know why people are surprised at the horrible living conditions in Sochi. If you ban all the gays from your town, your interior decorating is going to suffer."

ROFL I have a couple a gay friends. I think I'll run that by them. I'll wait til they're drinking though to see if I can't get it to come out their noses when they start laughing.
Quote from Boris Lozac :How do doors become jammed, did he lock himself up? and WHY. I hate people who do that, my brother for example. No one is gonna walk in on you hearing the shower and seeing the light ffs, you can slip on the soap or something like that and people then have to break the door to help you.. and not all doors are this fragile.

Absolutely over the moon that Bjoerndalen won Gold, when I first got access to Eurosport I got to see Cross Country Skiing and Biathlon and he was one of the top guys, that was years ago and he's slowly dropped from the top spots since then.

However he's got himself now his 12th Olympic medal (7th Gold I think) fair play to him.

(163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG