The online racing simulator
Browse For Speed
(68 posts, started )
Quote from Snookle :

@racemania: You might have a firewall blocking LFS registering your server with the master server.

mmm i turned off my firewall and still nothing this is how i got my server hooked up

modem----> my pc ----> server
then
Server-----> my pc ----> internet

its thew only way i could get my server working till i get new router with my adsl2+ next month

i have a direct conection between my server and gaming pc then all internet has to run through my pc first

sorry if its in the wrong section but thanks for advice

thanks racemania
#27 - wabz
Browse For Speed 0.2 released!
Release 0.1 turned out to be quite successful, with only a couple of minor bugs found. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, we have implemented most of the requested features. Version 0.2 is now available. Changelog:
  • Fixed crash when using the right-click context menu to join a server.
  • Fixed crash when closing extended server information dialog while still refreshing.
  • Passwords are saved for favourite servers.
  • Sorting by connections works correctly.
  • Fixed incorrect password being used when starting LFS from the extended server information dialog.
  • Server list font size can be changed with ctrl +/- (numpad).
  • Added support for Pit Spotter.
  • Configuration and Favourite Servers files are now XML.
  • Hiding empty servers no long retrieves empty servers from the master server on refresh.
NOTE: The xml changes will convert your current settings and favourites, but please back them up first (simply copy config.cfg and favourite.servers to another location before running 0.2). If you use the Pit Spotter option, don't forget to disable launching LFS.exe in the Pit Spotter config.

Upgrade instructions: Simply unzip into your existing folder, overwriting any files.

Note that Browse For Speed is a fully functional program, which is and always will be open source and free!

Our site is having some problems with browser caching. If you do not see updated content, clear your browser cache and restart it. Sorry.

http://browseforspeed.whatsbeef.net
#28 - shim
i know Race's server is able to contact the master server cause im in it right now while browsing :P
Seriously good little app. Well done champions
Proof simple is better.
Once again. Another brilliant release and i'm proud to help in the testing process.
If anyone has bugs or suggestions then don't hesitate to post them here.

Keep up the good work fellas. looking forward to future releases
#31 - Jakg
exactly what ive been looking for!-
#32 - wabz
!!!! 0.3 !!!!!
Well, version 0.2 didn't last very long at all, not because it needed bugs fixed, but because we have implemented some features we would like to be made available now. Changelog from 0.2 to 0.3:
  • Pubstat queries are cached, so if you do lots of view server informations in quick succession, the pubstat system will not tell you to go and sit in the corner. Additionally, queries will seem much much faster.
  • Added a friends system. Similar to the alert system on LFSWorld, this allows you to add to a friends list and will show you if any of your friends are racing, and some information about the server they are racing on.
  • Track information in the display shows the full track name.
  • Fixed crash when sorting by car names, then clicking favourites tab.
Upgrade instructions: (from any version) Simply unzip into your existing folder, overwriting any files.

When adding friends, we are unable to determine if that friend actually exists. If it doesn't, that friend will simply always appear offline - so try to get the spelling and caps (it is case-sensitive) right.

http://www.browseforspeed.net

The next release period will probably be longer than this one (unless there are major bug-fixes required), as we have a bunch of things we want to include for 0.4. Enjoy!
#33 - Jakg
if only LFS was developed this fast!
Quote from Jakg :
if only LFS was developed this fast!

LOL! don't we all

This is by far the quickest and best version so far. I'm really looking forward to v0.4 that will contain more features to help out browsing and joining servers. And maybe some possible tweaks to the new 'friends' feature
Hope you all enjoy this latest version.
A filter to list private or public servers would be cool as well , Great app this , keep up the good work fellas
Quote from noemfie :A filter to list private or public servers would be cool as well

i believe that's in the works for version 0.4 already
Quote from alco64 :i believe that's in the works for version 0.4 already

Awesome Tx
Hi guys!

We've spotted an annoying bug in BFS 0.3. The program configuration is not correctly reflected by the U.I after making changes to the config. You can get around this bug by making your required config changes then immediately exiting and restarting the program - thereby forcing a save of the configuration.

Hopefully this doesn't cause too much heartache, besides being rather annoying. Luckily it's been fixed already, and will be included in the next release.
Don't have .Net framework here, so can't use it.

Shame as it looks half decent.
#40 - MR_B
Top notch!

Thank you!
#41 - cdub
waaaaabz
Big ups for a great and handy app

Best feature is being able to deselect the 'BF1' checkbox in searching for servers
How did you get the pings from the servers? Live For Speed dose not disclose the IP address of the server.
Quote from wabz :Well, version 0.2 didn't last very long at all, not because it needed bugs fixed, but because we have implemented some features we would like to be made available now. Changelog from 0.2 to 0.3:
  • Pubstat queries are cached, so if you do lots of view server informations in quick succession, the pubstat system will not tell you to go and sit in the corner. Additionally, queries will seem much much faster.
  • Added a friends system. Similar to the alert system on LFSWorld, this allows you to add to a friends list and will show you if any of your friends are racing, and some information about the server they are racing on.
  • Track information in the display shows the full track name.
  • Fixed crash when sorting by car names, then clicking favourites tab.
Upgrade instructions: (from any version) Simply unzip into your existing folder, overwriting any files.

When adding friends, we are unable to determine if that friend actually exists. If it doesn't, that friend will simply always appear offline - so try to get the spelling and caps (it is case-sensitive) right.

http://www.browseforspeed.net

The next release period will probably be longer than this one (unless there are major bug-fixes required), as we have a bunch of things we want to include for 0.4. Enjoy!

hmmm...
seems to me that i've got many dejavue the last time...
hmmm...

strange, me seems that I already know those features from another app...
#44 - ekze
Thanks a lot! Very useful program.
Finally a manly program to browse for servers and friends!
#46 - wabz
Thanks for the positive comments people, it really encourages us to keep working on it.

Quote from Dygear :How did you get the pings from the servers? Live For Speed dose not disclose the IP address of the server.

We only use (the most excellent) pubstat system for some of the extended server information, and for the friends system. The querying makes use of the query protocol (the one used by the ingame listing. See our FAQ). We chose not to display the IP addresses of servers as it seems the devs don't either.

Quote from (SaM) :Finally a manly program to browse for servers and friends!

This is seemingly a very odd adjective to use, but thank you very much!
Quote from wabz :This is seemingly a very odd adjective to use, but thank you very much!

Haha, yeah it's just the general feeling the program gives me. Where other programs were slow and vague, this is right there and to the point!
Quote from (SaM) :Finally a manly program to browse for servers and friends!

speaking of manly ... is that really you in your ava ?
You wish! Haha no it's not me, it's a special girl I know. I'm a guy. Remember the retarded faces month? I had my pic there.
and i thought you were a dutch ladyboy ... bummer

Browse For Speed
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG