The online racing simulator
Spotify is now FREE on mobile devices!
(31 posts, started )
The title says it all!

Spotify announced on December 11 that their service on mobile devices is likely to be run for free from now on, and it's not a free trial thing. Although, premium feature is still available for no ads, offline listening and etc., but an additional feature. From now you are not FORCED to subscribe to Premium program after one day of free listening. It's just superb. I didn't not expect this to happen, since on desktop pc's there is no such thing as free, after 6 months of listening you face limit of 10 hours per week.

ANYWAY, a really great news from Spotify. So happy it's finally FREE. Maybe on desktop pc Spotify isn't a vital thing, but on-a-go when you want to listen, it's perfect to open an app on your mobile device and listen to favorite music. I have iPhone, and I don't use iTunes to purchase songs, so to upload songs from pc to phone is a pain in the ass, yet I don't even have space on my phone (eternal first world problems, I know), so It bloody a lot of work, so instead of that you just turn your app on and type artist/band's name and your are good to go. Bloody love it
Quote from seniecka :

i have iphone, and i don't use itunes to purchase songs, so to upload songs from pc to phone is a pain in the ass,

haha
Since I can't use torrents in this country due anti-piracy laws:
Youtube downloader -> mp3 converter = win! And yes,I don't use some crappy mobile OS,where I'm limited to do what I want with content of phone's memory!
Finally it's now available in Hungary... Took some years...
64gb memory card + phone + iSyncr = always having my entire music collection on me anyway.
Isnt this kinda like pandor?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Isnt this kinda like pandor?

No. Spotify has had a "radio" that's rather similar to Pandora, but that's a very small feature of Spotify IMO. Its basically a galleria of music at your fingertips. The ability to make many playlists and share them with others is a great plus too.

You just have to use it to understand.
Hmm. Does it use data or does it download songs onto your phone? I only get 2gb data so kinda sucks
Streaming and downloading both use data.
You can't assume everyone is dumb.. He's asking if spotify downloads the songs to your phone through a PC..
Or wifi for later use. If its streaming then that answers my question, ty
If you have premium then you can set it to download through WiFi or data so when you don't want to use data you have all your music on your phone.
It is still rubbish IMO, I can't see myself switching to streaming

Why?

First of all, eats lot of mobile data, which means it will drain battery.
Can't have proper playlist, it works only on shuffle. Also if you have less than 20 songs in playlist, then it fills gaps with randomish songs itself. Even more - playlist has to consist at least 3 albums. And you can skip songs only 6 times in an hour.
I don't know if mobile version has it too, but in PC is 10h per month limit , which is about 20 minutes per day.

Also I'm wondering which OS is limiting what owner wants to do with phone's memory. You may enlighten me, thanks
I think they've dropped the 10h limit.

I can't see any room for complaint.... it's a completely free service ffs (well apart from having to do with the odd advert or whatever)
Quote from Intrepid :I can't see any room for complaint.... it's a completely free service ffs (well apart from having to do with the odd advert or whatever)

Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. I'm happy to see alternatives out there, but at the moment I can't see reason to switch. After all it is just personal opinion
Quote from TypeRacing :Also I'm wondering which OS is limiting what owner wants to do with phone's memory. You may enlighten me, thanks

Quote from seniecka :I have iPhone [...] so to upload songs from pc to phone is a pain in the ass

While I have to either plug the phone to pc,copy/paste songs or take out memory card,put in pc and copy/paste songs.
Quote from Eclipsed :While I have to either plug the phone to pc,copy/paste songs or take out memory card,put in pc and copy/paste songs.

Nothing much different for iPhone either - just make playlists in iTunes, plug phone to PC, select playlists you want to sync and apply it. I find it more comfortable to manage than folder systems...
Can you do that without internet connection?
Yes, of course...
Quote from Eclipsed :While I have to either plug the phone to pc,copy/paste songs or take out memory card,put in pc and copy/paste songs.

http://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr-iTunes-for-Android

This will wirelessly sync your playlists over wifi, either manually when you tell it to, or automatically when it detects a change. You can even get it to sync over the internet if you have the data allowance.

I find it especially useful, as I rate all my music so I can have 3-star+, 4-star+ and 5+ smart playlists, depending on how picky I'm feeling. iSyncr lets me rate new songs as my phone plays them, which are automatically synced with my main music collection on the PC. Also, I use my old iPod Touch (1G ftw, the thing is nearly 7 years old now.. ) and my Android phone, this lets me sync to/from both of them.
Quote from TypeRacing :
Can't have proper playlist, it works only on shuffle. Also if you have less than 20 songs in playlist, then it fills gaps with randomish songs itself. Even more - playlist has to consist at least 3 albums. And you can skip songs only 6 times in an hour.
I don't know if mobile version has it too, but in PC is 10h per month limit , which is about 20 minutes per day.

Anyone know if there is a US or Euro version? Just wondering as we don't have those restrictions over here.
Quote from PMD9409 :Anyone know if there is a US or Euro version? Just wondering as we don't have those restrictions over here.

Just to clarify - are we talking about free version?
Quote from TypeRacing :It is still rubbish IMO, I can't see myself switching to streaming

Why?

First of all, eats lot of mobile data, which means it will drain battery.

Also I'm wondering which OS is limiting what owner wants to do with phone's memory. You may enlighten me, thanks

Yeah, silly me, I did not mentioned, that Spotify is flawless just on mobile device that uses premium feature, of course. Otherwise, everything works in lame shuffle method, where you have to be a lucky bastard to forward to an actual song you like to listen to. So, it's like a lottery. Pretty frustrating, but in other hand, it's f2p, so can't complain much about it. I felt that Spotify won't be fully accessible after that FREE forever politics, confirmed few days ago, and I am right about it for now. Well, Spotify seems to be not a top app at first, but it runs smoothly and fastly, that's I like very much. Meanwhile Grooveshark provides f2p listening and a full access to listen in normal mode, make playlists and listen to an actual songs you like to listen, but they don't even have a proper app. It's ok to use on desktop pc, but no solution on mobile device.
Nokia MixRadio is all that, and you don't have to pay any subscription for offline mixes..
Meh
7 EUR a month is not much for millions of legal songs accessible from anywhere.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG