The online racing simulator
setting g27 for lfs
(16 posts, started )
setting g27 for lfs
hello , for a while now iam talking about getting the g27 wheel and for all kind of reasons it took some time , well tomarow iam finelly going to get it !!!

any advice on how to setup it correctly for lfs to get the most out of the wheel ?
how much ffb ? steering lock , stuff like that .
do i need to change all kind of setting when driving diffrent cars ?

thanks
Hi Shimon,

Welcome to the G27 world, its awesome, trust me

I used this guide, as it came from Scawen so I believe. http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel

FFB, well that depends on you really. I was racing somebody the other night, and they had FFB on 30% but I have mine on 85%

I also have 720 degree's rotation, not the 900.

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Hi Shimon,

Welcome to the G27 world, its awesome, trust me

I used this guide, as it came from Scawen so I believe. http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel

FFB, well that depends on you really. I was racing somebody the other night, and they had FFB on 30% but I have mine on 85%

I also have 720 degree's rotation, not the 900.

Fordie

hi i did the settings like in picture and using 720 degree's with 85% ffb
the thing is when ever i go over a curb the wheel just lose it for some reason and it has a twichy feel and iven an awd car will just lose controll .
the wheel it self feels just like a car without power steering lol

could you share some pictures of your settings ? maybe iam doing somthing wrong
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :hi i did the settings like in picture and using 720 degree's with 85% ffb
the thing is when ever i go over a curb the wheel just lose it for some reason and it has a twichy feel and iven an awd car will just lose controll .
the wheel it self feels just like a car without power steering lol

could you share some pictures of your settings ? maybe iam doing somthing wrong

I will do when I return home, as currently working away, so should be home Thursday night

Fordie
I can't imagine you need that much FFB in-game, even on a G27. I think something around 30-40% in-game is fine. I remember I used 101% and then twice zero in the profiler screen (pretty much like the link posted).
but can you feel the "rumble"strips or anything else at 30%

Fordie
Perhaps not with a G27, but I can't imagine driving around with a super heavy wheel isn't good either for you and the wheel.
Quote from Bose321 :Perhaps not with a G27, but I can't imagine driving around with a super heavy wheel isn't good either for you and the wheel.

yes 30% does feel better , also do you know why the LED dont work ?

also i made the mistake by practicing in cargame s2 server and droping my safety rating from 96% to 82% lol
Quote from Bose321 :Perhaps not with a G27, but I can't imagine driving around with a super heavy wheel isn't good either for you and the wheel.

I drove my dfgt at 200, felt great, but my wheel didnt like it.
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :also do you know why the LED dont work ?

My lights don't work either, so I guess LFS doesn't support them,

Fordie
Quote from Bose321 :LFS indeed does not support them. You can get them working with my Fanaleds tool though.

Hi Bose,

Yeah I tried that, and it still doesn't work. I don't start LFS the usual way, as I use CRSEmixer for better engine sounds, so this requires a .bat to start LFS.

So how to I add that

Fordie
Here is the contents of the .bat file I have:
@echo off
cd CSR
start/AboveNormal CSR.exe
cd ..
pause
start LFS.exe /insim=29999
exit

Fordie
Just tried this on a standard install that I have as "backup" as it doesn't work either Bose

Fordie
Can you PM or email me to discuss this? Little easier to help and not to clutter here.

setting g27 for lfs
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG