The online racing simulator
SSD drive?
(53 posts, started )
Quote from cargame.nl :Maybe you need to go back for some time to an old fashioned hard drive to experience the lag, heat and unreliability again.

This!

I love my SSDs, but they won't do much for performance in most games, except loading times.
Yes you are right it's just when you get used to something you forget how the old hardware was.
Thanks to EliteAti, he was able to explain to me that it pretty much is my processor. Apparently it's the modern day equivalent of an i3. So, that explains quite a bit
Isn't a 4th gen i3 faster? That x2 is pretty old, isn't it?
#31 - Jakg
Quote from cargame.nl :Maybe you need to go back for some time to an old fashioned hard drive to experience the lag, heat and unreliability again.

I don't think HDD heat is much of a problem, and SSD's are definitely less reliable than conventional disks

I also didn't see much difference going from HDD's to SSD's (beside bootup / install) for general use, although I will admit all my PC's only use SSD's as their main drives so I probably haven't had a frame of reference for a while.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Thanks to EliteAti, he was able to explain to me that it pretty much is my processor. Apparently it's the modern day equivalent of an i3. So, that explains quite a bit

The i3 is arguably "more modern" than the x2, and actually not a bad CPU for basic / mid use - my work PC has one and its not a problem.

For reference, heres a comparative list of CPU's - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

EDIT - You have an x4, not an x2. Your X4 scores 3284, virtually all 3rd gen desktop i3's are faster.

However - your PC specs don't explain jitter or a temporary freeze that you seem to be experiencing.
only during battlefield 4. And on top of that slow loading into iracing and battlefield both on and offline.

Just reformatted a few months ago, gonna try a defrag.
I also had major stuttering sometimes (during those loading movies). I'd rather say something isn't right with BF4. It's not the first time I read about this issue...
well im gonna try again and see if it improves. Otherwise I'm looking at this processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16819113285

Is it good for the price? Also not sure what mobo to go with and would need a case and fans and case etc.

If anyone wants to put me together a package from newegg so I can see how much it would cost that would be amazing. Because I dont know much about the parts, but I can put them together probably. I don't need a graphics card or psu probs keep my HDD and I have 4gb DDRS ram already. Feel free to substitute the CPU out if you have any other ideas.
It'll be processor, I like the old athlons but they do struggle with the latest. Just to make the point I've just 'upgraded' from a Quad core 9550 Phenom to an Intel Q6600 quad.
( I LIKE classic computers, alright ! )

There really is a huge difference in gaming speeds, loading times etc, and knowing how quick a good i3 or i5 is you really can't compare yours to an i3.

Either spend up on a new one, or, like myself, pick up something decent secondhand.
Well i have an i5 laptop soi agree. But what about the price performance comparison
Is that 8 core processor a monster for gaming or just heavy office load? Or what?
#37 - Jakg
If gaming is your thing, an 8 core CPU really isn't what you want.
I do believe BF4 takes advantage of all cores though, not sure.
Even Core-i3 processors beat that AMD "8-core" (in reality it's more like a quad core) in gaming because the FX architecture is so poorly designed.
#40 - Jakg
Quote from Bose321 :I do believe BF4 takes advantage of all cores though, not sure.

A quick Google says that it uses 4 threads, no idea how balanced that is though.

I'd love a hex / octo core but if my PC was only for gaming and I was on a realistic budget theres no point.
So what would you guys use for the USD 130 range
Well, if you would go the Intel way you will also need a new mobo.
I was planning on buying a new mobo anyways. I don't think the one I currently have is any good.
If you go to newegg wishlists and search public wishlists you can find mine using name "Bmxtwins-PC"

I added some items. Question is: will these work with my current GPU, PSU. And will it work with the stock RAM, Harddrive, backup drive, expansion bays etc, that came with the HP.
upgraded to 8gb ram from 4gb and now game plays smoother. loading is better too.
fun fact: Ray didn't know how to install the RAM
No, I just didn't know if I should take the metal case off :P
#48 - Jakg
Quote from Bmxtwins :No, I just didn't know if I should take the metal case off :P

Last time I tried that (clearance issues) half the memory chips came with it... d'oh.
if dont know about SSD just look video link:

HDD Vs SSD:
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5-WdF… - Terraria and ETS2
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQkLnL… - HO Invictus
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI31SE… - SLRR Invictus
HDD Vs SSHD:
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTECwi… - PS3 GT6
HDD Vs SSHD Vs SSD:
- youtu.be/EtY_dmf8bqo - Terraria
- youtu.be/Dd7wPTMxlxo - Rust

If strong game HDD will lag fps.
Get SSHD is cheap and no lag! Great SSHD for games and SSD for OS Windows! Enough!

My PC spec: http://fav.me/d7k2dzf
I thought SSD only helped loading times.

SSD drive?
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG