The online racing simulator
SSD drive?
(53 posts, started )
SSD drive?
How much would an SSD drive help my FPS in BF/iRacing/AC etc?

I'm on some HDD atm. Wondering if I should get an SSD and what size? How would I use it?
SSD just loads data faster,it can't help your graphics card do it's job...
I only know it can improve FPS when, for example, you are recording something with fraps. Not sure about overall performance.
SSD speed will boost loading performances and the most interesting is the almost nonexistent latency (seek time to find the file on the disk) which improve gaming experience, but I don't think it will improve FPS in any way. That said if you have an older motherboard with SATA2, a SATA3 SSD will not deliver its full potential.
Won't imporve anything on a game where everything is in memory. On a game that streams terrain or textures while you play the impact can be significant.
For example, would it make BF4 boot into a game faster and stop stuttering? Fps are fine just occassional stutter
Depends on if it's waiting for data to load or network to connect, really. Stutters can be anything, including HDD activity.
10 mbit down,4 up shouldnt be net
Servers can still be slow to respond, and/or matchmaking can be slow.
Well, it's in iracing too. Even when my brother is in the server already.
Bandwidth has nothing to do with latency, packet loss and/or jitter. Bandwidth says nothing about the quality of the line or the connection to the server which could be 10.000 km (6.250 miles) away.
well the problem has existed before I got this internet company. Before I was on fibre optics and had the same problem.

Like I said, it depends on the server and it's location. You now show a result of something which is around the block (50 miles). That says nothing about how good or bad your communication is with BF4 (or LFS, or Iracing).

http://www.pingtest.net/

Select Roubaix (France).. Results in something like this;

Which is pretty crap, but I already know that
Yeah, not great for LFS but that was no news. Now you need to figure out where that BF4 server is located

This was while downloading a torrent...

And across the globe:
Well, maybe I should've said that I had some FPS issues even in single player Stuttering etc. But running smoothly usually. Just felt sluggish.

What made me think of it was BlueFlame's post in Asetto Corsa thread. So I'm just exploring options.

Doubt its my GPU (GTX650tiboost), PSU (like 650 watts or somethin), and processor is Athlon II X2 quad core (2.8ghz iirc)

Ram is 4gb I believe.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Athlon II X2 quad core (2.8ghz iirc)

It can either be a X4 or a dual core, but not both at a time
II X4, sorry. I wasn't at my actual PC when writing this. On my laptop
Bollocks, it's a marketing gimmick, ssd for your most used programs perhaps, but don't expect some orgasm with how quick it is, it is not! I chose 240 Gb.

The rest of your pc shit can go on a 5000000000000000009999999999999999 Yottabyte hardrive that spins a lot but costs naff all

Just my opinion from personal experience
Pretty unintelligent opinion. Maybe you do it on purpose to look 'cool'. It doesn't.
Pretty unintelligently written answer on this thread perhaps by me. I don't get paid here for being concise or appearing to be rather literate on forums, infact I can't be arsed and very rarely spell check anything.

I spend all my time at work writing detailed reports, tenders, contractual bullshit where the terms may and shall in a contract make a massive difference to costs!

But my bullshit forum answers are truthful ones from someone who had spent many an hour or two researching my purchases then testing them once I've been duped into buying such wonderful new technology!
Quote from AlienT. :Pretty unintelligently written answer on this thread perhaps by me. I don't get paid here for being concise or appearing to be rather literate on forums, infact I can't be arsed and very rarely spell check anything.

I spend all my time at work writing detailed reports, tenders, contractual bullshit where the terms may and shall in a contract make a massive difference to costs!

But my bullshit forum answers are truthful ones from someone who had spent many an hour or two researching my purchases then testing them once I've been duped into buying such wonderful new technology!

SSD drives are pretty much overated unles your thing is re-booting your software every 5 minutes.
Maybe you need to go back for some time to an old fashioned hard drive to experience the lag, heat and unreliability again.

SSD drive?
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG