The online racing simulator
Rain
(31 posts, started )
Rain
Hi, Is it possible to get rain on S2-and if so, how? If not, how do some people have it on screenshots?Thanks.
No rain in S2.

Those screenshots are fake/edited.
Ah k-makes sense. Cheers
#4 - _rod_
But we will have rain in the future
Oh, will we? Are you working on some then?
Well, I hope it doesn't take long to model or texture a rain drop
Quote from al heeley :Oh, will we? Are you working on some then?

as ive said before its a sim coded by a brit with tracks built by a brit and almost all of these tracks are situated somewhere in britain ...
if lfs ever wants to become a true sim the sunny weather conditions have to go
Quote from Shotglass :as ive said before its a sim coded by a brit with tracks built by a brit and almost all of these tracks are situated somewhere in britain ...
if lfs ever wants to become a true sim the sunny weather conditions have to go

haha true
You have forgotten about global warming and the worst drought to hit the UK since people sold plastic watering cans on ebay at vast profits to keep wales damp.
Hold on, have I got that right?
#10 - SamH
Well where I live, the reservoirs are full and so are the skies (per the norm for Britain). Global warming doesn't mean less rain, unfortunately, nor necessarily warmer days. If it did, I'd be out shopping for an SUV
#11 - Gunn
Quote from Shotglass :if lfs ever wants to become a true sim the sunny weather conditions have to go

LFS already is a true sim, but it's a race simulator, not a weather simulator.
not even a bird poo simulator?

(inside joke)
Just imagine playin lfs in the rain "day dreams" "gas...no wait...brake, no wait gas, gas, wooooooooooo! weeeeeee! brake, no no no cant stop baaaang wall ahhhh" ok im done...i love rain
Quote from l2acer1 :Just imagine playin lfs in the rain "day dreams" "gas...no wait...brake, no wait gas, gas, wooooooooooo! weeeeeee! brake, no no no cant stop baaaang wall ahhhh" ok im done.

Um do we need rain to slide, slip, run off road and hit things? Wow I do all that now on a dry track , who needs rain, that'll mean a 6 mths wait for the devs to code working windscreen wipers ! instead of getting the AI up to scratch

ShannonN
Quote from XCNuse :not even a bird poo simulator?

(inside joke)

If we're gonna have rain effects we might as well have bug splatters and bird poo, it happens in real life
Yea, in masters of endurance leagues, after 80 laps , your XRT windscreen is full of bug splatters
In real racing I love the rain because most people dont go out and test when the weather is bad. I do, I love it ! .

In LFS as soon as we get rain the opposite will happen, you wont be able to find a track running dry conditions !

I'd like to have weather, but i'd like it to be totally random with no control over it at all even at the server end, perhaps even set on the master server so all server instances of a particular track get rain at the same time Chance of rain at Fern Bay ... oh but what fun we'd have when it does happen !

"anyone got a wet set?"
"For fern bay? Are you kidding? The last time it rained here the cars where washed off the track."
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Yea, in masters of endurance leagues, after 80 laps , your XRT windscreen is full of bug splatters

And when you try to clean it windscreenwipers it just goeas worst
Rain would be cool. Unlike bird poo, rain affects how you can drive.

Rain will force to use your brains to select correct setup and wheels, not to mention driving style. It's all about strategy.

Which is cool, when you got people with mouses doing record laps and then driving to a wall because they dont know really what racing is about. I get my kicks of it.

Also flat spots on tyres would be terrific! Play with mouse or keyboard, lock your wheels and reduce your chances of winning, yay for steering wheel and pedals!
Quote from Gunn :LFS already is a true sim, but it's a race simulator, not a weather simulator.

lol~~
Quote from SamH :If it did, I'd be out shopping for an SUV

You disgust me.
Changing weather conditions would be really, really nice, no doubt about that. And it being totally random, like Becky suggested, would be really cool as well. It kind of goes along with the idea of real time day to night transitions. Which also would be cool but not as practical as changing weather. I mean, at least on the european tracks I would be racing at night mostly then, which would kind of suck. Anyway, I don't expect any of this until S3 tbh.
pretty random and offtopic but...

if you change the angle of sun in the CMX viewer really fast it looks like a day went by in 10 seconds, sometimes i do it just for kicks.
Just for kicks...for kicks...ok, Im leaving
would be really cool if the weather was modeled according to real time weather from known locations.

Rain
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG