The online racing simulator
LFS Dirt 3.
(5 posts, started )
LFS Dirt 3.
Hello,

I am working on a project of creating a platform for car driving games and i saw that Dirt3 supports LFS motion platform format:

Quote :"If your system has a motion platform, then DiRT 3 should be able to control it. This feature is completely untested beyond checking that the basic data output is correct, and as such should be used entirely at your own risk. The output format is designed to be compatible with the "Live for Speed" outsim motion platform format. To enable, just open the hardware_settings_config.XML file and edit the motion attributes:
<motion enabled="true" ip="192.168.0.10" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="0" />
• enabled - Set 'true' or 'false' to enable or disable the motion platform
• ip - The IP address of the motion platform
• port - The port of the motion platform
• delay - the time between data updates from the game (1/100ths second).
• extradata - This should always be set to '0'"

So can someone give me more insight on this format and how could i get the data from the game(catch it). So when i get the data from the game i want to make something that will interpret it for my system.
Well i just need a bit of pointing on what i need to study, i mean which of the libraries to learn, its a bit confusing(i mean the InSim, OutSim? ).
Moved to main Programming forum, because your post isn't a library.
Thank you.

So with Insim.net i can create a listener? thats what i understood from the Dirt 3 readme that i need to do, and then listen for what the game sends, right?
Yes, I don't know if Dirt outputs OutSim by default or it must be enabled in some file like LFS.

Remember that you have examples on how to create the listener at Codeplex's page: http://insimdotnet.codeplex.com/

LFS Dirt 3.
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG