The online racing simulator
G27 pedal connector wiring
(14 posts, started )
Hi,

the connector of my pedals was damaged, forcing me to replace it. But I couldn't take it apart without damaging it, so I don't know know how the wires were connected. Does anyone know?
I'd suggest maybe sending a message to Leo Bodnar (leobodnar.com) as he's created an adapter for them, so he would (logically) know the pinout.
Are you looking just for a pin layout of the 9-pin connector? There are schemes for that all over the web including the color codes. Just type "g27 pedal wiring" into Google and look through the results.
I found something (and that's also the only picture I found) now, I'll try it.
Doesn't work.
---------------
I just posted a question at Leo Bodnar's forums, I hope I'll get a reply.
---------------
Thread not approved --> I sent a message to Leo himself.
---------------
No response from Leo, unapproved at forums.
this might help, should be the same on the G27. You didn't write if you connect the pedals to the G27 or something else.

if the normal cable is too damaged you could try soldering a new D-Sub plug, or ask someone with experience to do it for you.
Attached images
DFPG25sch.png
Yes, but I don't want much to need to take the pedal module apart (to find where each of the wires goes). The connector in the wheel doesn't match that on the cable, there are two more wires.
well that weird with those two extra wires. Regarding the pedals, they really are designed to be taken apart, all the pedals are more or less seperate units.

(simply screwed onto some wood here)

If you take them apart you can see which cable ends at which pedals, they are color coded.

Can anyone confirm the G27 pedals being identical to the G27 ones? I got G25 ones
Axis 1 = clutch,
Axis 2 = brake,
Axis 3= throttle?
I think it Axis 1 = Gas, Axis 2 = Brake and Axis 3 = Clutch.

edit: I can't tell you which cable end up at which pedal because I modified them long ago
No matter what I do, I can't figure it out...
Would it be possible for you to get a DMM/beeper and find out which cable is connected to which pin of your connector (I'm assuming your module woks and has the original connector)?

I know the color code now:
Red = +5 V
Black = Ground
Green = Clutch
White = Brake
Orange = Throttle

Yours should be the same.
Thats it, i don't have the original connector I use the Driving Force GT connector for Gas and Brake and the Clutch is connected to the Wingman circuit board

edit: shouldn't it be like this following the colors you posted above? The middle line of a potentiometer is always the signal line.

Attached images
DFPG25modi.png
But it's not like that. On the wheel, I found 5 V on pin 9 and GND on pins 6 and 1. And those other pins also don't match...
Please help... Leo didn't reply yet, and my topic at his forum still hasn't been approved.

I posted a topic at EEVblog forum, waiting for a reply.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG