The online racing simulator
Start Lights!
(17 posts, started )
#1 - richy
Start Lights!
can they be moved away from the text area? they seem to be behind everyones "good race!!!" spam at the start.
The virtual start lights or the ones on the track?

If you don't have virtual start lights on, it helps to enable them. They are right in the middle of the screen.
#3 - richy
i have show virtual lights enabled but they appear behind everyone text
No, the virtual ones are behind the chat area, whilst the real ones are where they should be relative to your car.
#5 - Mauni
Virtual start lights are in upper left hand corner under chat texts. Maybe you have a mod that moves them to top-middle of screen? I would like see them there too so +1 for this suggestion.
EDIT:Two messages already while I'm typing that short message...
#6 - richy
like this
Attached images
start lights.jpg
I was just thinking about this the other night during some races. With everyone's messages covering up the majority of the lights, it was hard to tell when it was lighting up or not. A move to the top-middle of the screen would be good. :-)
perhaps the simplest way would be to ban messages as soon as the first red light appears?
then after green you can start again
Quote from mrfell :perhaps the simplest way would be to ban messages as soon as the first red light appears?
then after green you can start again

Because it would be far more wise to just move the lights lol
Or you just can press H to hide the messages
Quote from ldriver :Or you just can press H to hide the messages

H doesn't hide them, it displays more of them in fact.
i dont want to hige the messages though, sometimes i like to say "good race!!" too.

silly solution to hide the text completely because it overlaps the lights? when we can ask devs to move them for us
h=history of chat

+1 for lights in the middle.
+1 for no virtual lights at all
+1 for no on-screen virtual information at all
#15 - Vain
Quote from JamesF1 :+1 for no virtual lights at all

Eeeeeeek, f.e. the FZ5 often can't see the startlights at all because it just isn't within sight from pole position.
Quote from JamesF1 :+1 for no on-screen virtual information at all

I'm with you on that one, as long as we still recieve the information we should recieve as a driver. -> pitboards, working pit-traffic-lights, flag-waving marshalls, etc.

Vain
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote : I know I'd like to move the mini-map out of that top-left corner if I could.

Big +1 to that one too The racer's text covers up this mini-map too!
I think the lights should be in the top-right.

Start Lights!
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG