The online racing simulator
Brought a bike last night :)
(48 posts, started )
Well, I did it, after telling myself not to get one till my test is done, I folded last night and brought one.

Its a 2001 CBR 600 FS-1, alloy frame, fuel injected, almost like new, which considering some of the dogs I have seen is a bonus, the guy took me out on it for 30 mins, and boy is it fast

It's a bit more than I wanted to pay at £3500, but I felt it was worth shelling out a few hundred £'s more on a good example.

Pictures will follow

Now all I have to do is pass my test and I am sorted

Dan,
I'm looking forward to the pictures, always had a soft spot for bikes.

Quote from danowat :Now all I have to do is pass my test and I am sorted Dan,

Please do, then I can scab lifts off Tristan
ooooooooooooooooooo

I miss my bike, that thing will go like stink!!!
I was never a fan of CBR6's because they are good (no excellent) all rounders but seemed bland to me, but lets face it if some one came to me and said have a go, i'd be there in a flash.

Seriously jealous.

I had a ZX7R which was seriously quick on nice flat roads, but a complete bitch on country roads where i live, the suspension was too hard even on the softest settings, but once on decent A roads it was nailed to the ground, hanging off the thing round nice loooong A road corners........oh dear!

All the best with the test and enjoy your biking!!!!

PS keep your eyes peeled at all times!

Andrew
Quote from mrfell :I was never a fan of CBR6's because they are good (no excellent) all rounders but seemed bland to me, but lets face it if some one came to me and said have a go, i'd be there in a flash.

Thats the single reason I got the CBR, its going to be an allrounder bike for me, from scratchin at the weekends, to commuting and everything inbetween, its a good all rounder which doesnt excell in any area, but it ticks all my buttons, and, shock horror, it has a standard can on it, something that is pretty rare these days.

It's going to be way fast enough for me (165mph on the clock), the guy said he never takes it over 8000rpm in top as 110+ is enough for him, heck we were doing a ton+ last night on the back roads to Beccles, and I was both grinning ear to ear, and crapping myself at the same time

It seemed to handle pretty well, even with my ample frame hanging off the pillion.

I am well pleased with it, shame I can't ride it today

Dan,
I don't know what CBR's sound like but the kwacker didn't need an end can because the airbox noise was fantastic. It just about sucked you in when hitting the redline, putting a race can would have killed that sound!

The CBR is no slouch and would out handle my old zx7r as its alot lighter, probably faster too. Its a shame the 750cc class has gone as there was some superb bikes, who can forget the GSXR750?

As you say it ticks all your boxes and it will probably scare you senseless after riding the CB500 (or whatever) from your test. BUT i guarantee you this, if you are a true petrolhead, after a few months you will want MORE!

More power, more handling, more brakes, more tyres (cos you will shred a back tyre in a summer!!!) For some reason bikes do that to you, well it did to me, I was FOGGY! and i felt good.

Anyone want to buy 2 kids so i can have a bike again!!

No, oh well i'll stick to pedal power then. I'll stop dreaming and get on with some work.

Andrew
I too always used to think the CBR600 was dull if good. But around 2000/2001 ish iirc they had a major revamp and made it exceptionally good, not only at touring but also at back lane blasts. My friend from school also has one and I am insanely jealous. I never progressed past 250cc before cars and women forced my hand to sell up

So congrats Dan, hope it goes well. I'll try and keep up on the way to Northampton
I hope so too, thats the plan, my theory test is 6th June, then my CBT is 11th June, then my 3 day DAS course + test is a few days after that.

Fingers crossed I passed first time, then I should be sorted for the 1st July.

Anyone fancy a pillion ride to Northampton? LMAO

Dan,
Quote from danowat :I hope so too, thats the plan, my theory test is 6th June, then my CBT is 11th June, then my 3 day DAS course + test is a few days after that.

Fingers crossed I passed first time, then I should be sorted for the 1st July.

Anyone fancy a pillion ride to Northampton? LMAO

Dan,

Take Fordie
Quote from tristancliffe :Take Fordie

Don't have life insurance sorry
Quote from Fordman :Don't have life insurance sorry

Hehehe, look, I don't drive on the road the same way I drive in LFS, so you are safe(ish) LOL.

Dan,
#11 - Vain
Nice. Have fun with it.

Vain
I'd of let u have my gixer for half that!
'01 CBR for £3500?! Wow, didn't know bikes are that cheap over there. That's like what.. 5000 euros? '01:s are like around minimum 10k e over here. illepall
Yeah, but I thought £3500 was pricey LOL

Dan,
Quote from Gentlefoot :I'd of let u have my gixer for half that!

which one?
'97 600 SRAD - big rear hump. Totally cool - only made em for a couple of years.
Quote from Gentlefoot :'97 600 SRAD - big rear hump. Totally cool - only made em for a couple of years.

The ultimate thrash machine, from what i've heard its all or nothing, bit like riding a 2 stroke? Not much of a power band, but when you find it.......whey!
Spot on m8. It's an absolute screamer. Got an Ixil zorst and k&n too. EVERYONE looks round if you take it up the rev range!
And yeah - narrow power band - starts to really pull at 10,000 rpm!
What do you reckon to the 750, its a bike i wish i had a go on?!?!
Quote from Gentlefoot :Spot on m8. It's an absolute screamer. Got an Ixil zorst and k&n too. EVERYONE looks round if you take it up the rev range!

Trouble with that is the old bill can hear you coming a mile off, and then make a point of checking you out

Don't have that trouble with a standard can

Dan,
Never been bothered by plod. It's only load when you're screaming it and lets face it, you're gonna get stopped anyway if that's what you're doing.

The 750 absolutely pulls yer foreskin back! Focused, mental bike.
Quote from danowat :Trouble with that is the old bill can hear you coming a mile off, and then make a point of checking you out

Don't have that trouble with a standard can

Dan,

Hearing bikes at full chat with a race can makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!!! Theres a main road about 1 mile from me and on a nice evening the air can be filled with screaming end cans, only wish i was there!!!

The funniest bit with a race can is that if you miss a gear EVERYONE knows about it....LOL!!
Quote from Gentlefoot :Never been bothered by plod. It's only load when you're screaming it and lets face it, you're gonna get stopped anyway if that's what you're doing.

The 750 absolutely pulls yer foreskin back! Focused, mental bike.

PMSL

The nearest bike i had that happen was a TL1000R. V TWIN POWER!
I prefer not to draw to much attention, which is why I wanted a bike with a standard can .

Dan,

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG