The online racing simulator
Maldonado should get a ban for that. Trying to enter the pitlane through 2 cars. Nice drift in stavelot 2 though
I'd put the blame more at Gut, Sut and DiR
****ing vettel doing it again.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Maldonado should get a ban for that. Trying to enter the pitlane through 2 cars. Nice drift in stavelot 2 though

He should've gotten a ban long ago but this incident wasn't ban worthy. It's the shitty design of the 'chicane' and pit entry that's the issue there. Maldonado isn't the first to try such a move to the pitlane (if that's what it was, I'm not so sure) and he won't be the last.

I remember Christodoulou getting a penalty for something similar in 24H in 2012 for doing the same thing, it just wasn't as spectacular.

Also Perez' penalty was bullshit.
Maldonado did something really really stupid. He doesn't like to be made to look bad either. Maybe not a ban, but if you're that stupid then maybe the idea that you shouldn't try to enter the pits with a car next to you should be reinforced with some kind of penalty If he was so adamant that he must pit that lap, he should have prepared a little better rather than a blind gamble. I wonder if the pit crew were out, but he definitely was heading for the pit lane (maybe a good excuse for being made to look like the hack he is).

Perez was stupid too, I hate when drivers that do that and it fully deserves a penalty. I like Perez, but he is the sort of driver that needs either the stewards to act consistently or other drivers to just let him hit them (it wouldn't just be a drive through penalty then). Perez would still claim to have done nothing wrong though
Lets not forget Sutil who just chopped right in front of Pastor smashing his wing to pieces. Pastor made a big mistake but so did Sutil. I think the wings are so ****ing stupidly wide at the front though.
Maddolan didn't make it look as if he was going to pit, so it's his own doing. Should have kept a tighter line to the right from the get go. I'm disappointed that he got a meaningless penalty out of this. Perez, whyyyyyyyy?! Stop doing small-time dumb shit. How hard can it be to brake in a straight line on a straight road :s

Not the most exciting Spa race evar.
Crashjean would have made much better F1 race.
Maldonado:
Just back from having watched the race at the McLaren Technology Centre. My brother won 2 tickets as part of the Vodafone VIP competition.

The prize included a factory tour, including the 'Boulevard' (a foyer containing a number of important cars in McLaren's history - F1 cars from several decades, the Le Mans-winning F1 GTR from 1995, an F1 LM, a Can-Am car driven by Hulme and Bruce McLaren's Austin 7 and some other gems), the wind tunnel (complete with a 2008-spec 60% scale model on display), the 'mission control' area, from which engineers and strategists watch the race, the trophy cabinets and the race preparation bays.

In the race bays we got to take part in a 'pit stop challenge' where we had to change the wheels as quickly as possible. I wanted to try using the wheelgun, but it was incredibly difficult to get the timing right. After ending up with metal filings all over my gloves from a few badly timed moves I changed to be the person putting the new tyre on. That was a lot easier and we did OK, but our group on the tour sadly finished the competition in 3rd place...of 3 teams. Another treat in the race bays was that one of Perez's race cars from this season was sitting on high stands and being stripped. It's one thing to look at pictures and technical drawings but it's quite another to see the real thing up close and be able to smell the car too.

We were allowed to look wherever we wanted (within the scope of the tour of course, we didn't have an 'access all areas' pass), so I spent a lot of the time taking close-up looks of the cars, including time on the ground looking at the floors/diffusers of a few models.

The race itself was pretty decent too, but this will certainly be a day I remember for a long time because of the tour and the location.
Why did they change the orginal layout in the first place, this current layout creates choas if you need to pit but someone goes down the inside.
I agree on Perez's penalty despite what brundle says, just because a car is behind going into a corner doesnt mean it doesn't exist, by forcing perez into a tighter line it gives grosjean a better chance to overtake after the bus stop.
The maldonado incident was just racing incident imho. Maldonado went into the corner with 3 other cars and in the middle of the turns he hits sutil's car with his front wing. So at this moment he thinks his front wing is broken and he doesn't want to drive a full lap with possible broken front wing so decides he needs to pit. Then he simply forgets there is the 3rd car around him (di resta). It was just sensory overload. He had 3 cars around him, he thought he had lost his front wing, he had to do millisecond decision whether to pit or not.

As for perez's penalty I think it was correct. He did not leave enough space. Just because you are in front but the other guy still has some overlap you should not be allowed to push them off the road. I don't really get why this brundle dude seems to have such hard on for these kind of moves. Every time someone is rammed off the road in this manner he thinks it is ok because of the "racing line", "the car ahead can choose his line" and "closing doors" and whatever. It is not long ago when in F1 it was considered inappropriate when the passing car returned back on the racing line after a pass in front the passed car because it took lots of downforce away from the car behind. But now you can just ram them off the road after you get your nose ahead... Right call to give perez the penalty.
Quote from Intrepid :Lets not forget Sutil who just chopped right in front of Pastor smashing his wing to pieces. Pastor made a big mistake but so did Sutil. I think the wings are so ****ing stupidly wide at the front though.

he did not chop in front of maldonardo and left more than enough room on the inside for a car to live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5mPql-B9Ec
the problem was caused by maldonardo turning right into sutil
compare maldonardos line with the line of whoever is in front of sutil and also imagine whoever is in front of sutile on the inside of sutil and youll see there was plenty of room for maldonardo

entirely caused by utter utter stuipidity from maldonardo
Quote from Shotglass :he did not chop in front of maldonardo and left more than enough room on the inside for a car to live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5mPql-B9Ec
the problem was caused by maldonardo turning right into sutil
compare maldonardos line with the line of whoever is in front of sutil and also imagine whoever is in front of sutile on the inside of sutil and youll see there was plenty of room for maldonardo

entirely caused by utter utter stuipidity from maldonardo

picture your self in Maldonados position, how do you pit if you are told to pit?

Its retarded track design.
The old bus stop was much safer for this pit entry stuff.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The old bus stop was much safer for this pit entry stuff.

It makes no sence to me why they changed the chicane layout as it certially wasn't for safety reasons as its now more dangerious.
Quote from Mustafur :picture your self in Maldonados position, how do you pit if you are told to pit?

Its retarded track design.

not trying to drive though 2 cars would be a start
all you have to do is position yourself on the inside and if that fails slow down and let people stream past instead of crashing into them

and no its retarded driving
The new chicane is miles better than the old bus stop in every imaginable way. There is overtaking, there is defending, there is challenge and even after a failed passing attempt you can try to get a good exit. The old bus stop was just a meaningless chicane designed to slow the cars down and it was the one of the worst chicanes ever seen in F1.
I'm under the impression massively, that Maldonado had front right geometry damage causing him to go straight/slightly right after his contact with Sutil.

And in regards to the incident Shotglass, Like I said before, it's not the first time and it won't be the last, until they change the design of the pit entry.

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... ailpage&v=pRBVGKFgAUU

Greenpeace idiots. If they wanna hate an oil company, hate exxonmobil.

People are idiots, they see a big company and automatically think that it's some evil master plan to take over the world, rather than just another company making money.
Quote from Shotglass :not trying to drive though 2 cars would be a start
all you have to do is position yourself on the inside and if that fails slow down and let people stream past instead of crashing into them

and no its retarded driving

Easy to say when your not in a drivers view, looking from your lounge.

With such a minimal time to react its not an easy thing to aviod, and waiting for cars to go past in a racing situation is a very hard thing for a driver to accept, not to.mention the risk of stalling.

Pit lane entry should start before the corner imo.
Quote from Mustafur :Easy to say when your not in a drivers view, looking from your lounge.

he knew he was on the wrong side of the track and that he was driving in a large group of cars that would all come streaming down if he didnt he shouldnt be in f1

Quote :and waiting for cars to go past in a racing situation is a very hard thing for a driver to accept

cry me a river

Quote :Pit lane entry should start before the corner imo.

then he would still have been on the wrong side of the track and would still have had to go through a lot of cars
Quote from Shotglass :he knew he was on the wrong side of the track and that he was driving in a large group of cars that would all come streaming down if he didnt he shouldnt be in f1

cry me a river

then he would still have been on the wrong side of the track and would still have had to go through a lot of cars

No he wouldn't of as he would know the situation well before and stick to the right side well before, something your not going to fully commit to in the current layout.
if you want to go into the pits be on the right side of the track in both the current layout and the pointless change youre suggesting
its hardly rocket science

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG