The online racing simulator
DFGTs?
(19 posts, started )
DFGTs?
Hey Guys (and very rarely, girls),

My G27 died recently, but I still have working pedals and shifter; so, I was thinking...

Would it be an idea to get a DFGT from eBay for say £40-50 area?

If so, could somebody just run through some issues, pros and cons and possibly find me some reviews? I've found a few, but they weren't very detailed, and mainly from people who were either complaining, or very happy people who have had it for all of a week; and not seen long term usage problems (2 years area) for a while.

Anyway, any help would be great.

~Matt
Well, I've had DFGT since Jan 09, and its still working albeit with a little more noise than before. Its had 20000km on it, mostly on slow GTi cars an ddrifting, so its been abused. Pedals are mediocre (as youve probably heard), and so you can really only use them barefotted. Spin speed is less than G27 but shouldnt be a problem unless you're doing lock to lock manuvers suh as CityDriving Sim or doooorrriiiifting. Good bang if you are able to deal with the pedals (or use.aftermarkets). No surprises, you get what you pay for.

Never minf, if you can get LeoBodnars (or whatwver heyre called) and use only the.DFGT wheel, then you'll be fine.
My DFGT died right after the warranty *oops* :/
Cheers for that guys, I'll have a look into buying one then...

Quote from MousemanLV :My DFGT died right after the warranty *oops* :/

Considering my last G27 was 2nd hand, and died at roughly 2.5 years old...

I feel that pain.
Nah Mouseman eats steering wheels for breakfast, cannot fight that.

DFGT
Using a DFGT for a year now,only negative thing I noticed - pedals are a bit strange and gives some noises,but I'm sure that's because of dust,as they never been opened and cleaned. But it's not a concern of your's anyway. Can't say much about FFB as I don't use it,allthough it feels a bit stepwise due gears,when I tried it. But one thing I really like about it - buttons! You get a ton of them and you can't bind almost everything you need in LFS to wheel buttons!
Force = 0%,m8.
i had one before, i have to say i liked the feel of the wheel
I had a DFGT before my G27, still have but gave it my son. Wheel is fine but not as smooth as G27 and is a little noisier. I think you can use G27 pedals but not shifter as there is no socket for it on the wheel, there may be a USB conversion you can do if you read around. Nice wheel will do you proud, enjoy!
Quote from Born2BSlow :I think you can use G27 pedals but not shifter as there is no socket for it on the wheel

Which is not a problem as you can plug 2 devices in PC. Assuming that the G27 still functions enough to be able to use pedals and shifter.
Quote from Eclipsed :Which is not a problem as you can plug 2 devices in PC. Assuming that the G27 still functions enough to be able to use pedals and shifter.

Ah clever thinking
Quote from Eclipsed :Which is not a problem as you can plug 2 devices in PC. Assuming that the G27 still functions enough to be able to use pedals and shifter.

You assume correctly.

Currently using the shifter and pedals...but a £10 joystick is possibly the worst steering axis...ever.
Mine still works good after 4 years of (nowadays) sporadic usage, just make sure to not use too high FFB values (101% in wingman software, 20-35% ingame).

And I relube the cogwheels with some sewing machine oil (for plastic cogs) like once every half a year.

you could take the G27 apart and keep its PCB and plugs in a small plastic box, no need to have a second steering wheel laying around, nor to buy an extra controller á la Leo Bordena
one word : simulaje

> google
Quote from undertaker00 :one word : simulaje

> google

However...having thought about it; this seems helpful.

Cheers bro; the guy knows his way around a G27.

DFGTs?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG