The online racing simulator
Round 2 (WE1R) - Information and Discussion
Track: Westhill International rev. (WE1R)
Server Name: '& GenR GT Masters' and '& GenR GT Masters 2'

Qualifying Start: Friday, 19.07.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Qualifying End: Saturday, 20.07.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Start of Race: Sunday, 21.07.2013 at 17:30 UTC

The passwords for qualifying will be sent out at least 3 hours before the start of the session.

The passwords for the 31 fastest confirmed drivers will be sent out after the official qualifying results have been released and the the confirmation period has ended.

You may discuss the race and ask questions in this thread.
So in order to ask the question in this thread..

Is there any thoughts for FXR to have 22% restriction for next round too as WE1R has the same disadvantages as KY2 for FXR?
Imo FXRs intake restr. should be kept like this. We don't really need some AWD thing blasting through the field, do we?..That bus will just kill everyone in the way..
Quote from MousemanLV :Imo FXRs intake restr. should be kept like this. We don't really need some AWD thing blasting through the field, do we?..That bus will just kill everyone in the way..

Serious argument..
As far as I know, some ppl have suggested to ban AWD in this GT thing.
I think if you change restriction to 22%, you need to give people the opportunity to switch before this round.
Quote from Billkaza :So in order to ask the question in this thread..

Is there any thoughts for FXR to have 22% restriction for next round too as WE1R has the same disadvantages as KY2 for FXR?

Quote from Billkaza :Serious argument..

Restrictions are announced since April I doubt there are going to be changes now to this point.
Correct, there will be no balancing changes for this round.
Server change track...............??
Quote from malcomax :Server change track...............??

Fixed, we had to reboot the servers this morning, forgot to change the track back, thx for the heads up Max!
Quote from Framaris :Fixed, we had to reboot the servers this morning, forgot to change the track back, thx for the heads up Max!

password wrong say when i trie to in server
Fixed!
may it is dump to ask that but if the grid is not full after qualy. is it possible to drive the race from the pits? Since i am in france from friday to sunday morning i cant do the qualy. :-/
Wont be able to make it, will be on a plane

Turns out Jesse is wrong like always, and I can make the race!
so whats the pass for server
Quote from Billkaza :So in order to ask the question in this thread..

FE4, SO5, XR2 is in disadvantage could we get less restriction

Come on, sing up for the car you want to use with the restrictions presented, don't fish for messing up with balancing while the season starts. Get another car, you still can if you don't like FX2 and made a bad choice you think.
Somebody knows the server password?
Quote from KamiKaZe nwE :Somebody knows the server password?

This is a league server, everybody who participates received the password via PMs. Who did not, should have written to Deutschland2007 etc.
You're not the first asking, it's getting actually a bit irritating, don't people read PMs here when they participate in a league or just did not get it via PM yet?

Though it only works on server 1, not on server 2.
-
(uborkabéla) DELETED by uborkabéla
Quote from JackCY :FE4, SO5, XR2 is in disadvantage could we get less restriction

Come on, sing up for the car you want to use with the restrictions presented, don't fish for messing up with balancing while the season starts. Get another car, you still can if you don't like FX2 and made a bad choice you think.

and if you like the FXR, and want to deal with the best, you can not participate in this championship?, that is, you can but you will not be able to enter a date, because I'm sure you could even get inside the 31, restrictions are not well, so I've always said that they should not have put the FXR to choose, so there would be no complaints.

So basic is to respond ..... change your car
....the facts give me the reason

and attests my attendance though not will classify within 31 privileged they know and get used to driving other cars.

regards
mhm
Quote from vinsu :and if you like the FXR, and want to deal with the best, you can not participate in this championship?, that is, you can but you will not be able to enter a date, because I'm sure you could even get inside the 31, restrictions are not well, so I've always said that they should not have put the FXR to choose, so there would be no complaints.

So basic is to respond ..... change your car
....the facts give me the reason

and attests my attendance though not will classify within 31 privileged they know and get used to driving other cars.

regards

Sure it would be nice if there were any balanced cars in LFS, but there really are not. Neither STDs or TBOs are balanced. One always has to consider all options when entering a race/league, to pick a vehicle best suited for the races/league.

On a straight line, XR2 24%(270kW, 24%) is around equal to FX2 20%(287kW, 19.75%). It's because 4WDs have 80% efficiency compared to 85% of 2WDs in LFS. Locked or open differentials, LFS doesn't care.
4WDs have more traction during cornering though and that's where FX gains a lot to compensate for the lower top speed.

XR2 24% ==> 229.50kW
FX2 23% ==> 219.20kW
FZ2 20% ==> 223.55kW

And there is more, aerodynamics, tires, weight balance. Raw power is not everything. Have fun balancing

Maybe there will be once an FX league for the lovers of 4WDs
#23 - toga
brake pedal problem, fck..
Sorry #069 Bernat, on start, I did brake fully and had a gap in case this happens. Why did you guys stop the field? At one point going fast 100km/h, closing some gaps, then bam somebody brakes again and it goes down to 40km/h or lower, bumper on bumper. I had cars close behind and they hit me too and that pushed me into you once more. I was surprised how messy the start was. Have been on flying starts before, double file, but it was cleaner I have to say.

In replay, there is a car on the side, then there are some cars double file, some next to each other. I guess single file was not enforced? And grid not checked?

Making another lap around the track so people get properly into single file for race start? *shrug*
Or keeping cars on limiter.

Never get it why use flying starts compared to standing ones. More mess I think.

After a bit of racing and overtaking...
Lap 20, my computer froze On sixth gear it went into a wall, had a gap behind me, I hope I did not collide with somebody, can't control anything, screen and sound freezes, hit the brake and clutch and just wait if it comes back or not. Usually LFS kicks me because it's a big lag for it to keep the connection. It did not this time. Headed to pits to repair the car and do a mandatory pitstop (all tires and refuel). Car handled ok but I decided to repair it, to not to be forced later to repair the car by administration or due to bad handling as this was hard to asses in the few corners.
Sorry if it caused tires or a car on track and a collisions with somebody, though I think the car disappears for the time being frozen. Reappeared on a side of the road so I rejoined, letting cars pass.

As far as blue flags go, yes I did see them a lot and IMHO let any car that tried to overtake pass safely and quickly.

#042 in lap 41 on second straight, blinking, not in draft and not trying to overtake. Then on main straight you get draft and you overtake, I don't defend anything and keep my line and did ease off the throttle on straight so you can safely pass. As there was another car behind I kept my line and aimed for the inside of T1 so I can be overtaken on the outside. Do not understand your complain about blue flag. You've made an attempt to overtake and I let you safely overtake. As there was another car right behind I let it go as well not to impair any of your impending fights for positions. Guess the issue was that I did not hold up the car behind?

In one of the last laps, somebody instead of overtaking just bumped me. Silly really, could have just taken the inside, I would slow down either way not to fly out on the outside line trough the corner and you would have overtaken safely.
Quote from JackCY :Sorry #069 Bernat, on start, I did brake fully and had a gap in case this happens. Why did you guys stop the field? At one point going fast 100km/h, closing some gaps, then bam somebody brakes again and it goes down to 40km/h or lower, bumper on bumper. I had cars close behind and they hit me too and that pushed me into you once more. I was surprised how messy the start was. Have been on flying starts before, double file, but it was cleaner I have to say.

In replay, there is a car on the side, then there are some cars double file, some next to each other. I guess single file was not enforced? And grid not checked?

Making another lap around the track so people get properly into single file for race start? *shrug*
Or keeping cars on limiter.

Never get it why use flying starts compared to standing ones. More mess I think.

After a bit of racing and overtaking...
Lap 20, my computer froze On sixth gear it went into a wall, had a gap behind me, I hope I did not collide with somebody, can't control anything, screen and sound freezes, hit the brake and clutch and just wait if it comes back or not. Usually LFS kicks me because it's a big lag for it to keep the connection. It did not this time. Headed to pits to repair the car and do a mandatory pitstop (all tires and refuel). Car handled ok but I decided to repair it, to not to be forced later to repair the car by administration or due to bad handling as this was hard to asses in the few corners.
Sorry if it caused tires or a car on track and a collisions with somebody, though I think the car disappears for the time being frozen. Reappeared on a side of the road so I rejoined, letting cars pass.

As far as blue flags go, yes I did see them a lot and IMHO let any car that tried to overtake pass safely and quickly.

#042 in lap 41 on second straight, blinking, not in draft and not trying to overtake. Then on main straight you get draft and you overtake, I don't defend anything and keep my line and did ease off the throttle on straight so you can safely pass. As there was another car behind I kept my line and aimed for the inside of T1 so I can be overtaken on the outside. Do not understand your complain about blue flag. You've made an attempt to overtake and I let you safely overtake. As there was another car right behind I let it go as well not to impair any of your impending fights for positions. Guess the issue was that I did not hold up the car behind?

In one of the last laps, somebody instead of overtaking just bumped me. Silly really, could have just taken the inside, I would slow down either way not to fly out on the outside line trough the corner and you would have overtaken safely.

you are the real fool
contrails send you off track and under blue flag for 4 laps was not corrected!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG