The online racing simulator
LFS settings
(9 posts, started )
LFS settings
Hello, Recently I reinstalled LFS and I cant drive anymore I found out that settings influence my car feeling much.

I would like experienced drivers to post their view settings screenshot.

Also I would like to know where LFS view settings are saved? I couldnt find it.
LFS settings can be altered in: cfg.txt

Which settings do you want to get information on, I'm not entirely sure which you want?
Unless L@gger doesn't user driver's view, I can't think of any other than FOV.

My is ~60 for small screens, and whatever is physically correct when large screens are available.

in cfg.txt I have only: start windowed.

By view settings I mean everything. Acceleration tilt, move, camera movements.
-
(drifterfinland22) DELETED by drifterfinland22
this is what i use
Attached images
fov.jpg
Did you know?

The last versions of LFS allow you to use 3 virtual screens, even on a 1 monitor display. You can use a main screen FOV that is low, and add 2 virtual screens angled from the main (the angle will determine your total FOV).
This gives you the benefit of low FOV for the center of the screen and quite wide view to see what is going on around your car.

Example: main screen 35° FOV
Screen angle 5°
Multiple screen layout 1 - 1 - 1
That gives you a total FOV around 90°
Iracing has that sort of system and its done by your distance from the screen. Neat indeed.
Thats nice guys but I was rather interested in your camera dynamics and fov settings than LCD configurations.

Thanks jatimc for screen.
Basicly I use 2 views, same for all non formula cars and same for all formula cars : ) Mrt is the only "formula" that I don't use above helmet view.

Also 1400x1050 resolution on a 24" Full HD 16:9 screen. It stretches the picture so the track seems wider for me and makes it easier to drive for my brain
Attached images
xrg view.png
fbm view.jpg

LFS settings
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG