The online racing simulator
The Crew
(38 posts, started )
The Crew
Basically a New online MMO car driving game, the map is likely to be the biggest experienced on any game thus far with the entire Map based on United states, although not to scale, it should still easily surpass any map sized Experienced on Test Drive unlimited(it apparently takes 2 hours at full speed to go from coast to coast).

The Crew has confirmed there will be 10,000kms of Road(compared to 3000kms on Tdu 2 with the combination of Ibiza and Hawaii).

Kinda comes off a bit too much Need for speed like for me but the massive customization and massive map is more then makes up for it, definitely looking forward to this game and seems to fill all the holes thats TDU missed out big time with TDU 2.

Video explaining this game better here:
http://au.gamespot.com/e3/the- ... game-e3-newsroom-6409529/

Release date is unknown right now but it is confirmed for Release on PC, Xbox one and PS4.
Apart from the physics, I think this should be an interesting game.
Doesn't look very good to me. Ridiculous physics are expected, but even the other stuff looks a bit lame really. Graphics aren't that impressive (ignore the photo realistic trailer) and the "redefining" game has missions that seem to have been copy pasted from a host of other games. Nothing special about a slightly larger open world map either, what matters is how you are able to interact with it.
I'm also wondering how useless half the map will be considering there will probably only be focus around mission areas and main traffic roads. Outskirts of towns were probably left just to be there and no one uses them.
"Driver SF and Burnout Paradise had a baby"? We can forget physics then.

That off-road tuned Mustang made me LOL.
Driver SF had very enjoyable physics to be honest. Sure it was not realistic, but it felt somewhat realistic and just pure fun without being super arcade-ish.

This on the other hand...
Quote from Bose321 :Driver SF had very enjoyable physics to be honest. Sure it was not realistic, but it felt somewhat realistic and just pure fun without being super arcade-ish.

Driver SF was indeed kind of special. It's not as "pure" as the first Driver (I still have that one!), but got the feeling somewhat. I was a bit surprised when I got my hands on SF.
Arcade racing games can be fun (enjoyed some Dirt games and Grid 2) but this is just too... much.
Quote from Bose321 :Driver SF had very enjoyable physics to be honest. Sure it was not realistic, but it felt somewhat realistic and just pure fun without being super arcade-ish.

and how can u come to this conclusion since you havnt played it?

how would u know what it feels like? could similar for all you know
#11 - JJ72
I am more interested in this than Forza 5 and GT6 combined, really!
Quote from Franky.S :and how can u come to this conclusion since you havnt played it?

have u looked at the videos?

u can tell enough by looking at a video to say the phyiscs are not good
Quote from JJ72 :I am more interested in this than Forza 5 and GT6 combined, really!

I am more interested in * than FM5 and GT6 combined.
Quote from Franky.S :and how can u come to this conclusion since you havnt played it?

It looks like Bose321's video watching skills was effective.
Quote from Bose321 :have u looked at the videos?

u can tell enough by looking at a video to say the phyiscs are not good

im not sure that was what they focused on the most tbh..

this is like criticising need for speed for its physics..
Quote from Franky.S :this is like criticising need for speed for its physics..

> Implying that does not happen.
Quote from Bose321 :> Implying that does not happen.

ofc but by judging "physics" by how it looks is silly.
That chase view does nothing to help judge the physics. It doesn't turn with car, making it look like the car is endlessly sliding without breaking traction.
Thanks but no, this looks nothing like game for me.
I think I would buy a PS3 and GT6 before I got this if the physics are as bad as they look.

Its made by the same people so the physics could be similar.
Im pretty sure people are looking at the camera too much if you look closely the camera angles give the illusion of slide even when its not.

There will highly likely be an interior view anyway(they showed it in the trailer) so it shouldn't matter.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I'm also wondering how useless half the map will be considering there will probably only be focus around mission areas and main traffic roads. Outskirts of towns were probably left just to be there and no one uses them.

But you could do long online interstate whacky races.
Quote from KiRmelius :But you could do long online interstate whacky races.

They wouldn't be that long.

Only 5000 square kilometers. How far could it possibly be coast-to-coast? 100km by 50km? Even with the non-rectangular shape, maybe 110km across, 130km with road deviation? Seems like a fairly tame "2 hours drive" at pedestrian speeds to get from NY to SF.

I don't get the fast travel thing either, as if the map won't seem a bit smaller than you'd hope, they want to make it even smaller. I quite like the idea of being bound to physical travel, having a "home" unless I acquire another, actual exploration, rather than click-of-a-button-top-of-a-mountain.
#24 - JJ72
tame?

Did the 1 hour and so final race in TDU and in no way it felt short.

I dunno what more people expect, seriously. 5000km2 is five time the size of my city.
Yes it's a decent size, but it being the shape of the USA is basically irrelevant. So yes, the developers said 2 hours coast to coast, so assuming a generous 130km across, that's averaging a whopping 65kmh. At 320kmh on a freeway that distance will feel like a short stage of The Run.
That's all I'm saying, obviously there will be plenty of roads besides, and it might be beautiful and diverse, but for a game with stupid fast cars, it's not going to be that big a map if you want to race from one end to the other.

The Crew
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG