The online racing simulator
Through the glass, darkly
(164 posts, started )
I have talked shit about Hungry Google for years but everyone looked at me like I was off my meds. How many of you are viewing this on your Android phones? Losers. And three cheers for Google fiber. It will save us all.
big brother is watching

Does this really surprise anyone? Even as a non-conspiracist I was pretty much expecting this.

Anyway, if you don't have anything to hide, why care at all?
Quote from Rappa Z :Anyway, if you don't have anything to hide, why care at all?

As much as I think this is overblown nonsense, that's a really, really stupid tack to take.
You're right, most likely, but I'm just to passive aggressive to care when it comes to government activities.

I wish I had the list of the 50 trigger words, though, because I would no doubt post them all over my social networking profiles every day just to do a bit of trolling.
If Fake IDs are a trigger, then pretty much half of America's teenagers are being monitored right now.
I really don't think this is in any way funny. If these allegations are true, then right now you have an indeterminate amount of people with unknown motives with access to a LOT of your data and almost no accountability. It also means that the software companies were outright lying to us about the security and privacy of their services.
It's not that I'm worried that NSA might find anything interesting on my Google accounts, it's the blatant betrayal of all their users who thought their data were safe that makes me sick. More to the point, how can we be sure that the NSA's wiretap is safe and cannot be abused by somebody else? How can we be sure that the companies in question don't have similar deals with other institutions?
Any post/thread from Racer X NZ is guaranteed to be hilarious to watch.
*shrug* We've been doing it in Britain a lot longer.
Quote from Becky Rose :*shrug* We've been doing it in Britain a lot longer.

We monitored the public before it was cool.

One of the turning points for me that the US had gone way off the cliff was after 11/09/2001. They requested the British gov't provided details of every Brit going to America for any reason. Upon the list of items they requested, one was to know who they voted for. That is between me and the ballot box, my gov't (to my knowledge) does not have this information. It'll be a cold day in hell before a foreign gov't gets to find out.

I've had to pass on 5 business trips to the US because to this day I refuse to go there. Other guys in the office were happy to take my place, but some information I will keep to myself. My yearly income has nothing to do with the US gov't either.
Is there any space for hardware traps? If not, the software part is relatively easy to fix.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :one was to know who they voted for. That is between me and the ballot box, my gov't (to my knowledge) does not have this information.

Each voting form usually has a code on it, when you get your slip they tick you off and write the sequence number. Have you ever noticed that you can't put your ballot slip in just any box? There are set ones...

The government certainly does have the data, I'm pretty damn sure the political parties are able to target swing voters with a reasonable degree of accuracy too. If they can't then their marketing departments aren't doing there job, because with their data I could.

Combine this with dead people voting who just happen to live at an address shared by party offices, and what you get is Eastern European election monitors - countries not historically known for open and fair elections - declaring our elections a farce. Hell, in York they just "lost" lots of ballot boxes.

It's all a moot point, because first past the post combined with indistinguishable and politically aligned main parties is not what I would describe as a democracy anyway. Britain belongs to the lobbyists. Has done since Thatcher, and isn't about to change with the Lobbyists register (which is designed to prevent undercover journalists doing expose).
Quote from Becky Rose :Each voting form usually has a code on it, when you get your slip they tick you off and write the sequence number. Have you ever noticed that you can't put your ballot slip in just any box? There are set ones...

The government certainly does have the data, I'm pretty damn sure the political parties are able to target swing voters with a reasonable degree of accuracy too. If they can't then their marketing departments aren't doing there job, because with their data I could.

Combine this with dead people voting who just happen to live at an address shared by party offices, and what you get is Eastern European election monitors - countries not historically known for open and fair elections - declaring our elections a farce. Hell, in York they just "lost" lots of ballot boxes.

It's all a moot point, because first past the post combined with indistinguishable and politically aligned main parties is not what I would describe as a democracy anyway. Britain belongs to the lobbyists. Has done since Thatcher, and isn't about to change with the Lobbyists register (which is designed to prevent undercover journalists doing expose).

None of my ballots have ever carried serial numbers although given the size of the ballot stations round here they only ever have one box anyway.

You're right that we don't have free and fair elections, as far back as I can remember there has been hoohar about the dead voting or when I lived in S****horpe* a bunch of postal votes went missing then turned up again in a warehouse after being changed (all changed to Labour, although Labour claimed no connection).

The west like to claim free and fair, but there is no such thing. I do like the idea that no one knows who I vote for but me. I think from now on I'll stick to spoiling my ballot paper.

* This forum is racist.
S¢unthorpe is racist.
You can take the **** out of S****horpe but you can't take S****horpe out of the ****.
Quote from Crashgate3 :You can take the **** out of S****horpe but you can't take S****horpe out of the ****.

sry but this sounds so funny from bender with mustache and mario hat.
Quote from Crashgate3 :You can take the **** out of S****horpe but you can't take S****horpe out of the ****.

I have no ****ing idea what the **** you just said, but assuming it's about ****s and ****, its essence is kinda lost.
Ahh the old Scun thorpe bug...

Around here they actually refused to let me vote without making it trackable, even after I protested.

The problem is returning officers are party officials.

In my case a conservative ward, but they need not track my vote - I know a conservative councillor and he already knows what I think of his policies!

I'm quite happy and proud to say I don't vote conservative because I have morals. I just don't think they should be tracking that data out of principle.
While I'm quite happy to let the US devolve into a stasi state, the key point for those of us who don't reside in the USSR is the fact that nearly all cloud services are tainted.

Any business with commercial propriety information would be insane to trust any cloud service that has an involvement with the US. Want to use the latest version of MS Office ?, You might as well forget about privacy then.
Use Dropbox ? Just email your business info to the NSA.

For any company, this is a major reason to drop any US based service provider, it also, here in NZ anyway, a reason to review your email provider, Telecom NZ uses Yahoo so then clearly all emails are bcc to the NSA as well.

I'm less concerned about personal privacy, there is no privacy on farcebook etc, but from a business perspective this issue is something that all businesses should address urgently.
In case you were unaware, the UK is now on full censorship regarding Snowden, and others information.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl ... sor-surveillance-security

Nothing to see here, move along.

However, that hasn't stopped this coming out about life in Soviet Britain.
http://www.centurylink.net/new ... spy-ap#.UcTC-aljO3A.email

"The paper cited British intelligence memos leaked by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden to claim that U.K. spies were tapping into the world's network of fiber optic cables to deliver the "biggest internet access" of any member of the Five Eyes — the name given to the espionage alliance composed of the United States, Britain, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand."

Mind you, groups in NZ were stating the facts about Echelon and what it was for since 95.

(164 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG