The online racing simulator
The Analog Gauges repository
(10 posts, started )
I was supposed to start this thread long ago, but better late than never. So this is like a kind of continuation of this thread dedicated to Riskedrum's app, but the purpose is to organize everything up, making information accesible. I think this is add-on is still awesome, and works real well. So starting by the beginning..

Installation

1. Download the "Installation.zip" file in the attachments. You might also need .NET Framework to be installed in your PC.
2. Extract all the files in .zip to the LFS folder, which is usually located in C:\LFS.
3. Open the "cfg.txt" file in your LFS Folder.
4. Scroll to the bottom and replace the lines beginning by "outgauge" by the following:
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

5. Create a "Gauges" folder in the LFS Folder.
6. Now just download any of my gauges or in the thread above, and extract the GaugesXXX (XXX=carname) folder they contain into the "Gauges" folder you created (C:\LFS\Gauges)
7. If they include a font file (.ttf), double click it and install it.

-Video

http://youtu.be/J_Lx4OBFHtM

*Ignore the save issues

Using it

Once in game, you can use Ctrl+Arrows to move the gauges around, and Ctrl-Pg.up/down to toggle between the gauges you've got installed.

My gauges

FXO_Deltastyde

Download

FXO_Transparent_thingy

Download

FZ5_Kindof_Porsche

Download

FZ5_Minimalism

Download

RB4_Sport

Download

UF1_Simple

Download

UFR_Race

Download

XRG_Sidetacho

Download

XRT_NFS_like

Download

Making your own

All you'll need is a graphics editor like Photoshop or Gimp and any program to write text (Notepad is recommended).

So quoting my own post..

Quote from Impreza09 :-To create a new set you must create in the "Gauges" folder a new folder called "GaugesXXX", XXX being the name of the car. For example "GaugesXFG".
-Graphic files must be .tga (targa format, one of the first image formats ever) and obviously located in the GaugesXXX folder.
-File names for images are : "rpm" "rpmneedle" "kmh" "kmhneedle" "mph" "mphneedle" "turbo" "turboneedle". There's a little bug and the background must be called "backround" instead of "background".
-There must be an .ini file called "gauges.ini"

I've attached a gauges.ini template file below, which you just fill in to suit your needs. I recommend to take examples from other gauge sets as reference.

And if any of the former gauge makers come back to life, you can post your gauges too, you know..

Happy driving!
Attached files
Installation.zip - 618.9 KB - 997 views
gauges.ini.rar - 730 B - 760 views
is this a mod or a texture?
It's a mod but fully within LFS rules.
and does it say anything with JOOS > whatever it all is?
not AFAIK
No, it shouldn't cause any problems, it's not a mod, since it doesn't change the game. I'm not the developer of this "app" by any means, but what it does is connect to LFS via outgage, and display the values as you tell it to do, using the textures you make.
Hey, somehow it doesn't on newest 0.6G version.
Because it's made for old, DX8 versions of LFS while the G version is DX9.
Can Nobody make this for DX9???

Its the best Mod....
Quote from myself :The analog gauges was last updated by (riskredruM) about 8 years ago (July 2007).
The guy just vanished some time after ...without available sources to public.

So here are the few options:

a -Author get back to life.

b -Someone else build a whole new one from scratch.

c -It's f****d and gone forever (it's sad but all things have an end), let's live with(out) it.

Frown

This said, we've switched to LFS-Lazynow.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG