The online racing simulator
#1 - Pasci
What comes with the next LFS release?
I'm asking me, what will be the next step from the devs? Possible we will get the final release of LFS S2? (some months later of course; we have got very nice things with the current release ). The physic update is now done.

What will be the next steps?
- Program GUI improvement
- Sound improvement
- Graphic improvement
- new content (tracks, configs, cars; at the moment I think it's not needed)
- KI improvement (I think it's planned for S3)

Will be nice, if a dev could post some infos?
#2 - Calum
:)
I think there is many of these topics around at the moment , so be prepared for some people to tell you to go and read them hehe , but ...

Quote :- new content (tracks, configs, cars; at the moment I think it's not needed)

I completly agree ( think its not needed for now ).

Calum
Quote from Pasci :- KI improvement (I think it's planned for S3)

IIRC, its planned for S2 full.
I think sound improvement is a must before the final version of S2, maybe a new westhill configuration? As much as i would like to see a real track in the game. I dont think the devs have enough money to throw at people to get licenses for tracks, cars and such like that
#5 - Pasci
Quote from Calum :I think there is many of these topics around at the moment , so be prepared for some people to tell you to go and read them hehe , but ...

I think so... but doesn't find theme. Looks like I'm using still wrong search words?!
#6 - Vain
Following common sense I'd say that S2 will finish all features it began.
That means the damage-model will be finished, the aero-model will be finished (ground effect, dynamic wing angles), the AI will be adjusted to S2, the balancing of car classes will progress, the cars will be finished (GTR cockpits, f.e.).

But there are still some things open:
- The current release isn't called "beta". Thus not all features that will be in S2 final have been included yet. Until we download the beta new features will be introduced.
- No one says that LFS S2 Patch V will be the beta. We can only assume when the beta-phase will begin.

I'd also like to see LFS's roadmap, but I think Scawen is trying to avoid this and I won't bother him about it.

Vain
IIRC Eric is working on Kyoto (?) at the moment, so I'd guess a graphics improvements for KY at least, and also to some cars? GTR cockpits would be my guess.

Also some tweaking for the physics and netcode (I'm just throwing ideas), and maybe sound improvements.

But yes, there's no urgent need to any updates at the moment.
What about some new configurations at South City and/or Fern Bay? There are quite a few roadblocks that cover interesting twisting tracks
What I always wondered about netcode. When a car goes into a given distance from you like the edge you can still see it with default settings it starts to warp left right or?
Scawen talked to me last night in my lucid dream that he thinks S2 is becoming bloatware, so instead of new features he'll remove most of the current ones.
What is a KI improvement??
#12 - Jakg
i thought S2 was geting th physics sorted, S3 for the glitzy gfx
Quote from dave81983 :What is a KI improvement??

KI is the german expression for AI. (künstliche Intelligenz)
I'd love to see the temperature guage working!!
Quote from zeugnimod :KI is the german expression for AI. (künstliche Intelligenz)

Thanks for explantation - yes, of course I mean/want write AI.
easy overlay mods..
hmm, engine damage and those stuff would be nice (overheating engines, loosing oil....etc). but whatever the devs are working on, we'll be like kids on x-mas when we get it....

I dream about little things that brings more fun into strategic driving:

- Tyre change (only 1 tyre or just both in the front etc. not just all after %)
- Damage repair (on/off - I don't want to be repaired all the time)
- Short Time based racing instead of laps (I mean less then 1 hour, what about 15, 30 and 45 min. races)

- Oh and let us search the online servers in game by name , ping and by track (not only by cars)

... just dreaming
#19 - Jakg
Quote from mrfell :I'd love to see the temperature guage working!!

it does! as an fps meter...
Quote from Jakg :it does! as an fps meter...

Scawen leaves no feature behind!
#21 - zxTT
top fuel dragsters and motorcycles
Quote from Jakg :it does! as an fps meter...

Not in the XR GT Turbo..., there is a temp guage doin nothing
Do we get a Batmobile?
Quote from BBO@BSR :
I dream about little things that brings more fun into strategic driving:

- Damage repair (on/off - I don't want to be repaired all the time)
- Oh and let us search the online servers in game by name , ping and by track (not only by cars)

Damage repair On/Off: Shouldn't be too hard to realize, I don't know how the code looks like, but in the simplest case it could be done by a fat if(repair == true) block...

Search servers: same here......
Quote from Pasci :The physic update is now done.

The physic will be never "done" ! And I am pretty sure that aero will be well impoved (aero stall and high angle (of drift) and ground effect).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG