The online racing simulator
what I would really like to see:
When spoilers are set flat enough that they point upwards on some situation, they should create some sort of impetus and the car begins to float...
I'd love for more development in the options available for setting up each race (closed pit lanes etc...) and also more options around pit stops (whether damage is repaired, which wheels to change etc...)
Quote from Tanuva :what I would really like to see:
When spoilers are set flat enough that they point upwards on some situation, they should create some sort of impetus and the car begins to float...

I'm still waiting for when this will be able to happen in LFS: http://video.google.com/videop ... 2218551122&q=car+flip
Quote from BrandonAGr :I'm still waiting for when this will be able to happen in LFS: http://video.google.com/videop ... 2218551122&q=car+flip

Although I don't think that the driver suvived that without a hurt, thats exactly what I mean. Situations like this make the difference between LFS and other so-called simulations

"I can see flying cars..."
What will be in the next release of LFS...

Cartoon pictures of the devs plus one of Tristan eating Spam I hope
Quote from three_jump :engine damage

I think this is the most important thing left for S2, and I think it would change the face of racing in LFS.

No more ridiculous downshifting.

I can't wait!
or maybe this track (attachment) going to be available to drive
i know this could me made on au or bl3 but if it's biult-in then why not
Attached images
this.jpg
maybe you simply build it by hand? :>
Quote from Tanuva :Although I don't think that the driver suvived that without a hurt...

Fortunately the driver, it was Peter Dumbreck, was not hurt.....even Mark Webber who flipped the CLR twice before the race was not hurt, if I remember correctly.....but Mercedes was
Quote from Tanuva :maybe you simply build it by hand? :>

or maybe not
As u can see, it's a bit simular to the dragstrip, but that hasn't got paint on the "service-road", there's no "house" on it and those yellow-blue (maybe) tyres aren't available either. And there's a "ramp-like object" too, which isn't on that pic
#36 - Vain
Quote from DasBoeseC :but Mercedes was

How you can smile while saying something like that is beyond me. Don't you have any feelings? A car died that day! Goddamn...

Vain
I did not talk about the car.....but about the company.....the car was not 'hurt' but destroyed as you already said.....

I think Mercedes' approach was arrogant and that their punishment was well deserved.....

For more Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CLR

CU, Sebastian

PS: Enough OT I think
Quote from DasBoeseC :I did not talk about the car.....but about the company.....the car was not 'hurt' but destroyed as you already said.....

I think Mercedes' approach was arrogant and that their punishment was well deserved.....

For more Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CLR

CU, Sebastian

PS: Enough OT I think

Errrrmmm...

You ever heard of a thing called a "joke" in your life?
I'm still hoping for proper clutch modelling and stalling.
A witch with a broomstick, half naked would bee cool..
How about a track-side drive-in theater projecting the Playboy channel?
#45 - joen
+1
#46 - wE1l
Quote from BBO@BSR :
I dream about little things that brings more fun into strategic driving:

- Tyre change (only 1 tyre or just both in the front etc. not just all after %)
- Damage repair (on/off - I don't want to be repaired all the time)
- Short Time based racing instead of laps (I mean less then 1 hour, what about 15, 30 and 45 min. races)

- Oh and let us search the online servers in game by name , ping and by track (not only by cars)

... just dreaming

Your raising very good points here, and I don't think it's a dream to have them on. The damage repair part, I think some damages, for example a suspension damage, should not be reparable during a race. I don't like the idea of entering the pit and magically getting a wrecked car repaired thoroughly.

The server searching feature is long missed.
Quote from loopingz :The physic will be never "done" ! And I am pretty sure that aero will be well impoved (aero stall and high angle (of drift) and ground effect).

Yes, of course - everything can be improved
Quote from BBO@BSR :
I dream about little things that brings more fun into strategic driving:

- Tyre change (only 1 tyre or just both in the front etc. not just all after %)
- Damage repair (on/off - I don't want to be repaired all the time)
- Short Time based racing instead of laps (I mean less then 1 hour, what about 15, 30 and 45 min. races)

- Oh and let us search the online servers in game by name , ping and by track (not only by cars)

... just dreaming

And along similar lines, assymetric tyre compound setups (hard on one side of car, soft on the other) and for the open wheel cars, speedway type wings so that zero wing isn't the fastest setup. I know not everyone races oval (and to be honest, I don't much) but this would make it more interesting.
I think the car being able to stall would be one of the most important things to me, as it would help to some degree with learning clutch control IRL outside of driving lessons.
Quote from DasBoeseC :Fortunately the driver, it was Peter Dumbreck, was not hurt.....even Mark Webber who flipped the CLR twice before the race was not hurt, if I remember correctly.....but Mercedes was

dumbreck must have been a really good person as he landed in a clearing in the trees that had been recently created

improved aero would be a great improvement (too many improves ?) but just watch people complain that they cant slipstream people because they understeer off on the corner before the straight

did anyone read the reason why button lost so much speed in qualifying at spain ?

apparently witht he low center section front wings that some teams are running, including honda and mclaren, there is a critical point at which if they increase angle of attack and the car then pitches, the centre sction uffers from aero stall and so looses downforce, button added downforce and discovered he actually had less front end grip, mclaren had a faster setup which wasnt consistent so after button had reduced wing angle, he actually could race faster due to the consistency.

what i found interesting was that its an effect that none of the teams were expecting and are only just becoming aware of

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG