The online racing simulator
Gon' to the bay - April 19th
(15 posts, started )
Racing event will be hosted on Aussie server but others are welcome! Please click link below to register your interest & post in thread for sign up and / or questions

http://games.on.net/forums/vie ... ddbe582c7aef376178f4c59ad

Quoted from the post made by Mearehear on the event itself:

Quote :
Event Format - 'Gon To The Bay
Track : Fern Bay Green (FE2)
Car : XFR
Distance : 30 laps
Qualifying : 15 minutes

Time & Date
Friday 19th April 2013
9pm EST (7pm WA)
(Time subject to change)

'Gon To The Bay
Thanks to the newly configured games.on.net Live For Speed servers we are able to run our first organised LFS event for the GoN community (outside of the Gonlympics). This will be open to all racers owning the S2 version of Live For Speed (demo based events may be planned in the near future) and will see the racing take part with the compact XFR cars around the Fern Bay Green circuit, for 30laps.

To take part in this event simply register by leaving your details in this thread, and you will be kept up to date by PM's regarding the event. Or you may contact myself or Lucassot personally to ask any question, or express your desire to take part.

The games.on.net S2 server can be used to practice anytime, and we may run shorter (half distance) practice races leading up to the event, but at the very least jump on the server and have some fun practicing with the guys All that's required is a good attitude and the desire to race fairly.

Please feel free to ask any question you need. All experience levels are welcome.

Clickety HERE to jump straight into the games.on.net server for some practice
Mearehear's post over on event thread:

Quote :To avoid a clash of dates with other LFS racers events, I have switched this over to the THURSDAY 25th of April. Server welcome message also now states this change to help promote it.

Also a modification to the track itself. Anyone that was around in the CTRA server days would remember this track being popular but being a nightmare in turn 1, as it is one of the most poorly designed corners in LFS. Their solution was to place objects to reprofile that turn, thereby reducing entry speed, meaning far less retirements during the races.

I've taken on this same idea, but as we now have far better objects to use then done previously, I have reprofiled the corner in a much less obtrusive way then CTRA used to do. The entry apex is now about 1.5 metres further right and requires a much slower entry, and hopefully will help reduced the retirements over a 30lap race, as that corner was just a gamble at highspeed previously.

Seeing as that turn 1 is not ever a overtaking section of the track I don't think this will have any negative affect on the racing. Jump on and try it out.

Count me in! I am interested but

What are timezones? In Finland it is GMT+3

EDIT: Got it, nvm
Please note mate that this is an Australian server and that high pings will be looked at closely, this is primarily aimed at the general Aus/NZ zone. General rule on server is above 250ping will be asked to leave.
Quote from Mearehear :Please note mate that this is an Australian server and that high pings will be looked at closely, this is primarily aimed at the general Aus/NZ zone. General rule on server is above 250ping will be asked to leave.

that is not much, and I did note yes, thats why I asked timezones. But you can always try right?
ye what is time zone?
My ping for a server that is pretty much anywhere in the US is 35ms so I don't think ping will be an issue, even considering the great distance.
Quote from Muhi_GP :ye what is time zone?

2100 GMT+10, so 1100 GMT I think.

Quote from Mr. Kninja :My ping for a server that is pretty much anywhere in the US is 35ms so I don't think ping will be an issue, even considering the great distance.

You may wish to familiarise yourself with the distance between the United States and Australia.
Day light savings will end for us by the end of this week. This link has the time & date of the event calculated to Austin Texas. I'm not very good with time zones but I'm sure you can work it out from this?

http://www.timeanddate.com/wor ... 2030&p1=240&p2=24

Let me know!
Quote from boothy :You may wish to familiarise yourself with the distance between the United States and Australia.

I realize the distance from the US to Australia.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :I realize the distance from the US to Australia.

im in europe gmt +1 time zone,i wont get out from bed in half night to race... :P
Well the time is 8PM EST, and I'm in the CST time zone, so it's 7PM racetime for me.
Just a reminder this event will take place in 9 hours time!
I'll be there!

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG