The online racing simulator
No FFB with G27 and CSR Elite pedals
Hi,

I'm using a Logitech G27 and CSR Elite pedals. I have them set up and working in a bunch of other racing sims (iRacing, rF1 and 2, etc.), but I'm having problems trying out LFS for the first time. I have the Logitech Profiler working and set to the typical settings.

When I start the game, I have no FFB at all. The Control settings say "two controllers detected". (They don't mention anything about a "G27" specifically, though.) I'm able to get both the steering and pedals to work (pedals show up as RX, RY, RZ axes).

I've seen screenshots where you have a choice of which controller to send the FFB to, but that's not appearing on my screen.

If I unplug the wheel and plug it back in while the game is running, the FFB does start working, but then the degrees of rotation are locked at a very small value (about 200 deg). If I alt-tab out to the Logitech Profiler and then come back, the rotation is back to 900 but the FFB is gone again.

In my first search I saw something about assigning the controller number in the device manager, but I can't find it again...maybe relevant?

Thanks for any help.
I know in newer Windows' that it's kind of hidden. You should be able to go to Start -> Devices and Printers -> Then Right click on either game controller, and go to "Game Controller" settings. In there, under I think "Advanced" (It's a button on that main panel) it should have the ability to specify what the "primary" device is.

That would probably be the first thing to test as when LFS enumerates devices, Windows likely gives it to the application based on those settings.
Thanks for the response. I checked that setting and it was already set to the G27. I also shut down the PC and then booted back up with the G27 as the only game controller (I also have an Xbox controller, which I've usually been unplugging when I plug in the wheel, but I made sure it was unplugged starting at boot this time).

Still can't get any force feedback though. It's a mystery...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG