The online racing simulator
Scirocco September 2013
(101 posts, started )
Scirocco September 2013
Got this in the mail today guys (attachment).

Watch Friday the 13th. It's marked as positive day thinking day.

I think it's a hint.
Attached images
IMG_0431.jpg
#2 - lfsrm
the mail was sent by lfs dev team?
no
so forget the scirocco. ( Because it can be released earlier in 2013 ).
I think it would become official holiday too.
Scirocco will ba after physics update. Impossible to make in the short time.
#5 - Sobis
Quote from Frunze118 :Scirocco will ba after physics update. Impossible to make in the short time.

What do you mean in the short time? You didn't know Scawen has been working on it for many years now? Well now you know. Actually I would love to read a progress report, even if it'd be boring .
Quote from Sobis :Actually I would love to read a progress report, even if it'd be boring .

OK, go ahead;

Quote :added Wed, Dec 28th, 2011 17:00
>Progress report Dear LFS Racers,

We hope you had a good year in 2011. In June we released 0.6B, the best version of LFS so far. Since then we have been continuing to work towards the new tyre model and the S3 upgrade which we plan to release after the physics update.

Scawen has been further developing the virtual tyre test rig, a detailed model of a tyre's structure, to work out various values for the in-game tyre model. For example, what is the contact patch length, width and pressure for a given vertical deflection and how does the tyre's shape change with forces, torques and camber. These depend on the dimensions and structure of a tyre. By making the in-game tyres behave in a similar way, the driving experience will be as realistic as possible.

In the left part of the image, the yellow lines show the radial cords of the carcass. The orange and green lines show the steel belts and the cap ply. The right side of the image illustrates the carcass thickness which gives some rigidity even without air pressure.

Eric has been working on the S3 content. After the physics update and the VW Scirocco are released as a free update for all S1 and S2 license holders, we will work towards the S3 version which will provide more tracks and cars to S3 license holders. As usual for an upgrade, the cost of your existing license will be deducted from the full price.

We wish you a happy 2012, and we'll release the updates as soon as we can!

- LFS Developers

Goddamn I was expecting this to be a Scawen's thread.
#8 - Sobis
another false flag thread
when devs announced scirocco , that car was already selling, dont know it was 2005, 2006, so probably waiting Volkswagen to release new scirocco
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Scirocco

my bad, it was released in 2008, Google rules....
If only
Quote from Sobis :I'm talking about the tyre physics.

Then read the long quote from Dec 2011.

first six months of 2012 was quite sabbatical. Summer/Autumn 2012 we got the works on 0.6E and now it's 2013.

You guys seriously don't think a human being can spend attention on netcoding ànd designing some sophisticated mathematical physics system are youz?

Because if you guys do, I wonder what great wonders of the world I've missed being created lately.
they still could release the updated cars tho
But whats the point in releasing updated/new cars if the tyre physics are wrong. Might as well do everything in 1 fell swoop. Makes for a better content update, and if you're gonna make things incompatible.. why not do it for something major instead of "just cause".
i meant the updated interiors,and maybe higher polycount rb4. i dont think that would affect handling with old physics
let's be honest. All we want is Rockingham. And yes I would pay the price of an S3 upgrade for just one track!
I would pay 1k€ for Nordschleife
Quote from Bmxtwins :let's be honest. All we want is Rockingham. And yes I would pay the price of an S3 upgrade for just one track!

Nope and nope.
What is the point of this thread? Is it really that time again..?
Quote from Frunze118 :Scirocco will ba after physics update. Impossible to make in the short time.

hahah... I just noticed you mentioned pOp and me in your signature.... Go go go...
in the meanwhle, whilst we wait for some updates, one or two new tracks are just fine...

Scirocco September 2013
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG