The online racing simulator
LFS Remote won't connect to my server
Hello.

I guess i do something wrong. I want to connect my dedicated server to LFS remote. But when i try to connect to the server via LFSW, it keeps saying connect attemp #1, #2, #3 and so on..

I've set my internet IP (or whatever you call it) in to the IP field on LFSW, the insim port into the port in LFSW (29999), and the admin password. I've portforwarded the port to my server, and portforworded my insim port to 213.40.20.2.
My log keeps saying "New guest timed out (1). What do i do wrong? :-)

Pictures: Look at Madcats post
Are you running a firewall?

Are you sure you're forwarding both the LFS port as well as the InSim port? (They do differ).

What is your server name? I could try to connect myself as we'll.
I took some screenshots, so you can take a look at it. There is some pics of my router settings, and my CFG :-)

As it says in the CFG, the host name is "[B]Team Bandit

Thank you so far!
More tits then actual information. It isn't even readable :doh:
Quote from Mathiesen1 :
Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4bmsnotsa2wi3qp/jYSG4i_peQ

Nice wallpaper showoff, but the actually important information can be barely read from the images. I've taken the liberty of reuploading the images in a less-useless form.

Your third port forwarding rule doesn't make sense. You only need to forward ports for incoming connections (connections that are initiated by the remote computer).

EDIT: Removed the InSim relay setup screenie as it contained the admin password.
Attached images
Server_settings.jpg
Router_sec_settings.jpg
Router_settings.jpg
OK well... 213.40.20.2 ? What that? UK IP address according to IP database.

* Oh master server. Nah, shouldnt be there. Just your internal 192.168something server address.
Haha, im sorry guys! Through you liked it? :o Just my second screen, and i was too lazy to cut that part off :-P The link is removed now tho.

As Flame said, it was possible to see the picture, but nevermind. Thank you Madcat tho! :-)

Okay.. My 3th rule is useless.. But the conclusion is? :-)
InSim relay connects to your server's InSim, so you have to add a forwarding rule for that too, otherwise the incoming connection ends up on your router rather then on your server.
Arh! That makes sense. Will take a look at it tomorrow :-) Thank you guys

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG