The online racing simulator
Announcing GT4 Cup
(48 posts, started )

Poll : Are you interested to drive in this cup?

Yes, Definetily
Not at all
Not Sure
Announcing GT4 Cup
Hello, this is insane announcement of GT4 Cup!

What is GT4?

GT4 is basically same as GT3 class, but like GTR, GT1 and GT2 classes, it is step forward for having EVEN SLOWER class! Of course, this makes feeling like having a drive with UF-BR (UFR with 45%), but so what? Pretty sure there is people driving like this

What are restrictions?

UF GT4 ( 8%) UFR
XF GT4 ( 7% ) XFR
XR GT4 ( 45%/120kg ) XRR
FZ50 GT4 ( 37%/100kg ) FZR
FXO GT4 ( 44%/100kg ) FXR

Yes, it counts as NGT cars as well. This class is balanced well, altough not perfectly, so might need some testers for it.

EDIT: EVEN MORE BALANCED!

What kind of races?

like GT2 and GT3, GT4 class also brings some slightly modificated tracks. Every race is 20-30 minutes OR 40-50km long. Tracks will be used almost anything except rallycross and tracks which does not support 32 slots ( 31 slots as one is Safety Car )

What are rules?

Basically same as GT2 and GT3

Point system?

For in this case, this has it's very own points system, of course, the better position the more points however

Can I join?

It is free for all!

When it is starting?
Not announced yet as official

Race Days?
Tuesday

More info incoming, but have to ask are you interested?
No offence, but GT3 have already so much grip that I don't think GTR with so big restriction will be fun to drive. Will be so stable and so underpowered tbh and even r2 might be so iced cube ^^
Quote from MoMo92i :No offence, but GT3 have already so much grip that I don't think GTR with so big restriction will be fun to drive. Will be so stable and so underpowered tbh and even r2 might be so iced cube ^^

No problem, I just find it something

iced cube R2 tyres? nope, they can actually get heated as well
r2 will get heat at the begining of a stint/race but on 1 hour race they gonna cool down and be frozen at the end of the race
Why would you restrict GTR's even more? GT3 doesn't have power, GT4 is even... why don't you race FZ5 then.
If you were to do anything, bring back sprint GTR racing. R2s only and alternate combos between the XRR/ FZR/ FXR, would be pretty cool and would fill the void left by GT Series and iTCC disappearing.
Updated for more balanced GT4 class

UF GT4 ( 8%/5kg) UFR
XF GT4 ( 7%/20kg) XFR
XR GT4 ( 45%/150kg) XRR
FZ50 GT4 ( 38%/150kg) FZR
FXO GT4 ( 44%/80kg) FXR
Quote from vipex123 :If you were to do anything, bring back sprint GTR racing. R2s only and alternate combos between the XRR/ FZR/ FXR, would be pretty cool and would fill the void left by GT Series and iTCC disappearing.

Well,in late spring I plan to start something what could remotely fill the GTR sprint racing void,but not sure if the format and the fact that it will be in workday evenings will satisfy everyone,but I'm not willing to uncover any details yet...

On topic - I don't understand whats the point of restricting NGTs? You could just restrict big GTRs to match the default small ones if you want 5 cars class (which is not bad idea at all).
Quote from MoMo92i :No offence, but GT3 have already so much grip that I don't think GTR with so big restriction will be fun to drive. Will be so stable and so underpowered tbh and even r2 might be so iced cube ^^

^ This.

And trying to balance GT cars with NGTs is going to be a huge can of worms.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :^ This.

And trying to balance GT cars with NGTs is going to be a huge can of worms.

Not at all, by comparing other tracks with other classes, it is somewhat same. It is just you are so much used on GTR and GT2, that's why you are not interested, but that is no problem

And about what having tires, that you can't heat them, or you can't drive with cold tires, that is just pure lack of skill.

But, I do not want to start a fight about this, opinions are opinions, but somehow I see something epic on this
I like the idea of 1250kg's mass to all cars, just like old (or still present) WRC (and probably not only WRC) and I wonder why nobody didnt invented this in LFS GT leagues before.
Ive tried fzr and XRR with those restrictions for like 10min's and tbh it will be like TBO class speeds or sth around with R2 tyres and downforce and very much grip.
That grip is like on Arcade games to me, im not sure about top speeds but they will be around 210km/h (220km/h hopefully but im not sure if possible).
racing with those speeds on fast tracks like westhill can be boring or it can be crash fest. Cars have so much grip and they are slow so there will be no "waiting for others mistakes". It will be more like who first will die from boredom.
Anyway it could be interesting to see something like gt2/3 or something between them like gt2,5 with this 1250kg's limit.
Edit: also i dont see any point why someone will drive nGT cars here.
Problem is that ufr and xfr dont have wings...
GT4 shouldn't really have downforce anyways. TBO (or FZ5) with 350-400hp and slicks would be much more appropriate. Plus a GTR giving a tap to a NGT and we have rollers everywhere.

Best to just have some form of sprints. GT2 with 30 min Q, 2x 30 min races with second race top xx reversed.

In the end, don't do something overly complicated, its best to keep it simple, as that will always be more fun for everyone.
Quote from PMD9409 :

In the end, don't do something overly complicated, its best to keep it simple, as that will always be more fun for everyone.

my thoughts exactly.
It is now even more balanced! AS3 works perfectly

UF GT4 ( 10%) UFR
XF GT4 ( 9% ) XFR
XR GT4 ( 45%/40kg ) XRR
FZ50 GT4 ( 38% ) FZR
FXO GT4 ( 44% ) FXR
Quote from luki97 :
Edit: also i dont see any point why someone will drive nGT cars here.

I'd drive UFR here. Why? Because I love it.
I think we need some testers on it, maybe someday lets have a meeting?

EDIT:

on now AS3, cars are now in 1 second each other ( 1:58 - 1:59, having FX4 as slowest and having XR4 as fastest )
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :And about what having tires, that you can't heat them, or you can't drive with cold tires, that is just pure lack of skill.

:doh:
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
And about what having tires, that you can't heat them, or you can't drive with cold tires, that is just pure lack of skill.

Driving with cold tyres is like having a date with a 300kg girl when you looks like Brad Pitt. No sense.

A racing tyre have to be used at its optimum temperature range and even if LFS tyre model isn't perfect, that statement is always true in LFS. R2 tyres will be black at the end of the race at track like AS4.
Quote from MoMo92i :Driving with cold tyres is like having a date with a 300kg girl when you looks like Brad Pitt. No sense.

Thanks Momo. Couldn't say it better
No

Because

Quote from MoMo92i :R2 tyres will be black at the end of the race at track like AS4.

You are so wrong
k I'll show you then Will do a stint on Thursday with XRR at AS5 using GT2 set as a basis. That set did finish 2nd in MoE 24hours and did do 23-24 laps / stints consistently.

Tyres temp were no more that 105degres in heatpeak and didn't fall lower than 80° until lap 20-21.

This set was high pressure (about 200kPa front and 240 rear). Will show you what pressure I'll have to run to get some heat inside the tyre for such a long time (if even I manage to have some in lap 10).
Quote from MoMo92i :k I'll show you then Will do a stint on Thursday with XRR at AS5 using GT2 set as a basis. That set did finish 2nd in MoE 24hours and did do 23-24 laps / stints consistently.

Tyres temp were no more that 105degres in heatpeak and didn't fall lower than 80° until lap 20-21.

This set was high pressure (about 200kPa front and 240 rear). Will show you what pressure I'll have to run to get some heat inside the tyre for such a long time (if even I manage to have some in lap 10).

yea yea yea but it is not about the setup, it is the driving style -.-

I am not a freaking give up as I have got the results of myself, tires can be heated and keep them

if you do not believe it, then don't it, doesn't make a problem for me, I am interested about the people who join, not the people who starts to complaining
actually tried, got bored in 1 straight even 0/0 downforce looks to be too much

for your information did a 3:03.240 which is 3s slower than UFR WR with XR4
FE1 = 40.70 (1s off XFR WR)
SO5 = 1:22.1 (2s off WR)

learning drivers to rape tyres isn't my philosophy. Bye
Quote from MoMo92i :
learning drivers to rape tyres isn't my philosophy. Bye

Teaching, you frog

Announcing GT4 Cup
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG