The online racing simulator

Poll : Are you interested in racing?

No, I don't like it
Yes, I will participate
Yes, but I don't know if I will participate
Cancelled: North American FBM Championship
I am here to annouce the North American FBM Championship!

The North American FBM Championship was designed for the racers, by the racers. We wanted to give all drivers a competitive series to race in.

It will be a 10 race championship, with all rounds held at Blackwood, to try and attract great drivers with only demo licenses. Each race will be 25 laps in length, with a 30 minute qualifying session before the race.

The possible schedule for this season is:
1. February 10th
2. February 24th
3. March 3rd
4. March 17th
5. March 24th
6. March 31st
7. April 14th
8. April 21st
9. May 5th
10. May 19th

Points system:
1st- 10 points
2nd- 8 points
3rd- 6 points
4th- 4 points
5th- 3 points
6th- 2 points
7th and back- 1 point

Series Entry:
Entry is free
All licenses are eligible
All entrants must be with a 2 car team
Both team drivers must have identical skins
Signup sheets are by follows
- Team Name:
- Team Manager:
- Drivers: Name, LFS Name, Country
Driver changes will not be allowed during season.

We are still finalizing the 2013 rule book, but as a summary, you will need to follow the Rules of Clean Racing, plus more rules that we are still finalizing. http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing

We ask for everyone to give their comments, concerns, complaints, improvements that they have for the series! We are open to all suggestions! Also, please vote on the poll if you'd like to race with us!

I hope to see everyone at our first race!
Quote from Special K 19 :I am here to annouce the North American FBM Championship!

The North American FBM Championship was designed for the racers, by the racers. We wanted to give all drivers a competitive series to race in.

It will be a 10 race championship, with all rounds held at Blackwood, to try and attract great drivers with only demo licenses. Each race will be 25 laps in length, with a 30 minute qualifying session before the race.

The possible schedule for this season is:
1. February 10th
2. February 24th
3. March 3rd
4. March 17th
5. March 24th
6. March 31st
7. April 14th
8. April 21st
9. May 5th
10. May 19th

Points system:
1st- 10 points
2nd- 8 points
3rd- 6 points
4th- 4 points
5th- 3 points
6th- 2 points
7th and back- 1 point

Series Entry:
Entry is free
All licenses are eligible
All entrants must be with a 2 car team
Both team drivers must have identical skins, besides name and number
Numbers will be based on the teams choice of number pairings: 0-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18, 19-20, 21-22, 23-24, 25-26, 27-28, 29-30.
Signup sheets are by follows
- Team Name:
- Team Manager:
- Car Numbers:
Driver changes will not be allowed during season.
Team skins must be submitted to the organization prior to the season for verificated. All skins need the numbers displayed on the front nose cone and both sides of the rear wings. Names must also be visable on both sides of the cockpit right by the driver.

We are still finalizing the 2013 rule book, but as a summary, you will need to follow the Rules of Clean Racing, plus more rules that we are still finalizing. http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing

We will have registration for the series open shortly, so use this time to get your team together! We ask for everyone to give their comments, concerns, complaints, improvements that they have for the series! We are open to all suggestions! Also, please vote on the poll if you'd like to race with us!

I hope to see everyone at our first race!

Questions:
1) Is Sunday the only day you can run?
2) 10 Races, could that be too much for demo driver? (Not me, I like it)
3) Teams? It may be best to run 2 types of Point Systems (High Pt Driver & High Pt Team).
4) Racing, when there's a crash early, can we Shift+S?
5) Lap 1 Restarts?
6) 25 Laps? Are there demo drivers committed enough for 30 minute races?
7) Possibility of "Bonus" Points?
8) How many drivers MINIMUM do you need to sign up?

Positive Feedback:
1) I love the fact that there's a league were ALL of the license drivers can race!
To answer your questions:
1. Not necessarily, we may run some races on Saturdays, but you can count on them always being on the weekend.
2. That was concern of ours also. I wanted a series with enough races that if you have one bad race, you can still do great in the championship! We are open to lowering it if that's what people want!
3. We will be running 2 car teams. And yes, I forgot to mention it but we will have a Drivers and a Team Champion. The Team Championship will add the points totals of each of their drivers.
4. We will not be requiring you to Shift-S. The only thing we ask is if you crash, to please try and avoid other cars. If it becomes a problem, than we will address it.
5. We won't be doing Lap 1 restarts because we wanted to have as realistic series, and that wouldn't necessarily be fair to everyone.
6. The lap count is very open to discussion. We wanted longer races, but we might have different lap counts for different races also. Some races we may lower the lap count to say 15, and other races will be at 25 laps. That is also an option.
7. We are thinking about adding bonus points for Pole and for Fastest Lap in the race, but we are trying to decide how much it should be.
8. Minimum, we want at least 8 teams, so 16 drivers. But we are hoping for a lot more.

I hope this helps! Anymore questions feel free to ask! I hope to see you at the first race!
UPDATE:

We realize that many demo drivers can't submit there team skin onto LFS World, which means their skins wouldn't be seen. With this, we are no longer making it required to have the car number or driver name on the car. We still ask that both drivers have identical skins. With that, we no longer require you to send in your skin for verification when you send in your sign up form.

New sign up form is:
- Team Name:
- Team Manager:

Also, registration is now open! Please fill out sign up forms and reply to these thread with them for all those wishing to enter!

Thanks!
sing up
- Team Name: Mad Drivers Team (MDT™)
- Team Manager: Mrkela
- Drivers: 1.Aleksandar , mrkela ,Serbia / 2.Darko, darkoni ,Serbia

On which server will drive?
Quote from mrkela :- Team Name: Mad Drivers Team (MDT™)
- Team Manager: Mrkela
- Drivers: 1.Aleksandar , mrkela ,Serbia / 2.Darko, darkoni ,Serbia

On which server will drive?

We are still working out the details for our server, so it is to be determined
- Team Name: M.L.P. Racing
- Team Manager: Texpelt88
- Drivers: Teejay , Discord, USA / (Still Yet To Be Determined)

ALSO, Let's not forget that if we put on "Cruise Allowed", WE CAN RUN BLACKWOOD GP IN REVERSE!!!
-
(Firexter) DELETED by Firexter
edit
-Team Name: Mad Drivers Team (MDT™)
-Team Manager: Mrkela
-Drivers: 1.Aleksandar , mrkela ,Serbia / 2.Darko, darkoni ,Serbia / 3.Miroslav, salata991, Serbia

i add one more driver for my team.. ok?
Special K 19, hello. So you will make 10 races of 25 laps ? All combos are bl1+fbm. It's good idea for demo racers. There are many fast demo racers. I have 2 suggestions :

1. Qual 15 min max. 30 mins will be boring.
2. 25 laps it's about 30-35 mins. You can install Airio to your server and set race time to 30 mins and allow pilot change. For example in the teams will be 2-4 members so minimal time to drive to even member will be 5 mins.

Good luck.
Texpelt88, that is also a possibilty.

Frunze118, those are both good suggestions. I will definately consider the change in qualifying time. But I do want to stick with the lap count for the races. We could do a special race where it is a team race, but for the most part i want to have it single driver cars.
I will sign up
Hey Special, we're about 10 days from the 1st race... Anything on server? or maybe a practice race?
We still haven't secured a server but it is in the works. Sadly if we can't secure anything soon we may have to cancel
I'm sad to announce that the series has been cancelled due to lack of competitors.
Well, why not just host a HotLap competition then? It may bring in some competitors

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG