The online racing simulator
Any good wifi software to block guest?
(20 posts, started )
I need a software that allow me to block ppl on my wifi, already have password and all, still when X guest on my family connects to my wifi all my download/upload/ping goes to the bin...

So any tip whould be good
Change the password.
That and only allow specific mac addresses, yes it's spoofable but, your talking about your home wifi.
Well, yes, i want to have control over who is connected, so the moment i wanna play LFS or any other online game i just block those users so i dont have high ping or lag or poor download speed...
#5 - amp88
A better solution (one which allows your family to stay connected and you to game with decent ping) might be to enable Quality of Service and/or traffic management quotas on your router, if it supports them. Try looking through your router's manual for Quality of Service.
Then cut off all other mac addresses than yours, or change the password on the access point when you want them off, and restart it.

Any other plan will involve extreme violence to get them off.

If possible, run eithernet to your gaming box and turn off wireless when you want them off, that will give you the best ping.

QOS is ok but you still share a wireless connection, try upgrading to N if you want to do this.
sigh...

I dont want to reset the router each time i have to setup a new pasword for going online on some ramdon game...

Is more simple grab a program, detect those devices connected, block those device, going to play online after playing i'll go to the program again and unblock those devices...
or better, get your own apartment, get your own internet.

a much better solution, avoiding all butthurt.
Then kill them, or at least beat them into submission till you can disconnect them.........

You living in a brothel or wot ?
Thanks for the helps guys, really...
No problem, when I asked the same question about 3-4 years ago the result was same, and I can clearly understand why. There's nothing more selfish than trying to block your parents/family from a network they pay for.
The other thing: These applications don't really work that well. Doing it in the router manually with MAC filtering is the way if you really care to do it.
Of course. Leave it to you to post some link to some shady site regarding some shady software.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The other thing: These applications don't really work that well. Doing it in the router manually with MAC filtering is the way if you really care to do it.

There is one problem with mi router, you have to umplug the coaxial cable and press during 15 sec the "Factory Reset" boton to be able to enter to the router configuration... and doing that is a pain in the ass each time i wanna play online...

@shadowwww
Thank, tested long ago and doesnt work
Quote from Inouva :There is one problem with mi router, you have to umplug the coaxial cable and press during 15 sec the "Factory Reset" boton to be able to enter to the router configuration

PEBKAC&/RTFM

I bet you need to manually set IP to be able to access the router.
Honestly the best solution is to get a second AP, and have your own separate wireless network.
Quote from Inouva :There is one problem with mi router, you have to umplug the coaxial cable and press during 15 sec the "Factory Reset" boton to be able to enter to the router configuration... and doing that is a pain in the ass each time i wanna play online...

Uhhh, what?

You should just be able to set a MAC filter to only allow specific MAC addresses. This is not something you need to do every time you go online - your MAC address never changes, but you will have to find them for every device you have which goes online (phone, laptop, etc)

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG