The online racing simulator
Does anyone work in racing?
(27 posts, started )
Sort of a specific question, but I figure it's fun enough. Right now I'm employed as "race official" at a local indoor karting place. For the most part, it's just strapping kids into go-karts and watching them race. But I also officiate real events, notably a 100 lap endurance race held every year and occasionally World Formula kart races.

I've seen some really funny stuff going on at work, but I'm curious about anyone else. Do you work at all in racing?
MoMo92i is an engineer for a LeMans team iirc. Dennis Lind drives Camaros. Nick Catsburg drivers Corvettes. Vale Bottas drives F1. Tommy Ostgaard drives formulas for Marcelo. Dwight Gooden, Sciricco and other stuff now I think. There are plenty more real life drivers as well.
tristancliffe still has his formula car too. And you may count Scrabby in, he participates in some drift championships
James Peace was competing in some single seater race in 2011 and may be back behind a wheel in 2013. Estonian young talent Kevin Korjus is also an LFS license holder. Norbi Kiss who was driving truck was spotted in Live for speed by a team manager and started his irl career thanks to that. Teemu Suninen is a quite promising fin rally driver. Steven Bossard is 2010 french rallycross championship in category 1B. He is actually playing with several other french rallycrosser including some members of Pailler family who is quite an historical family in french rallycross. Nial Murray and Andy O'Brien are both irish young ginetta drivers. May forget a lot of people tho ^^

@Ray : was* actually I'm currently looking for LMP team for 2013 ^^
Toni Lähteenmäki aka FL4SH- is planning to drive Camaros on his next season afaik
Quote from ACCAkut :tristancliffe still has his formula car too. And you may count Scrabby in, he participates in some drift championships

Yes, I've won the Belgian drift championship in the Pro class. Competed in the British Drift Championship (won pro-class at lydden hill and did a special round at Silverstone where I ended 8th. Need allot of power for that track...)
And I've driven the final of the IDS series in Germany at the Nürburgring where I ended 3rd.

I also work/help in a racing team. I do the timing during normal endurance races and during the 24h of Zolder I do fueling. As far that's working for a race team...

Quote from Iginla :Toni Lähteenmäki aka FL4SH- is planning to drive Camaros on his next season afaik

Which series is running those? Swedish Camaro cup right?
Im a flag person / corner worker / bumper souvenir thief whenever we hold a event at gateway raceway. Really in it for the bumpers
Quote from BlueFlame :Which series is running those? Swedish Camaro cup right?

Finnish Camaro Cup I think, it's getting higher and higher attention here in Finland. He has raced last two years on v1600 cup, and has dominated it.
Quote from Iginla :Finnish Camaro Cup I think, it's getting higher and higher attention here in Finland. He has raced last two years on v1600 cup, and has dominated it.

Good luck to him then, if his season/results go anything like Dennis' then he should get some outside attention!
I just arrived from my first real karting race. We made a new team, we're just starting, and we did quite well in the 24h endurance race in Gran Canaria.
We are not professionals, but it might be the beginning
Quote from NitroNitrous :I just arrived from my first real karting race. We made a new team, we're just starting, and we did quite well in the 24h endurance race in Gran Canaria.
We are not professionals, but it might be the beginning

Wait wait WHAT there is 24h karting races!?
24h kart racing Yeah buddy.
Ive done a 12 hour enduro. So much fun
Quote from Myffe :Wait wait WHAT there is 24h karting races!?

Yeah it's been an awesome experience, and it won't be the last one we race on
Quote from jwardy :24h kart racing Yeah buddy.
Ive done a 12 hour enduro. So much fun

Imagine an endurance race in an electric motor kart. In my opinion, it requires even more strategy than a gasoline kart, because as long as you've got gas, the kart will go 100%. But with electrics, specifically Electra Motorsports engines, the kart will be slowed as the charge depletes. So you've really got to plan your stops for charging.

Here's a video of the place I work. Small track, but we're currently talking about leasing the warehouse next door to make the track even bigger. Small steps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7K44qbA0c
My kart didnt go so well though. Not when the piston decided it didnt want to be in its original location. Great fun jacking up a kart in the pits and changing the engine :P
We finished though. many laps behind haha
My Dad's a marshal at Cadwell. That's all I got... :hidesbehi
Wyatt Gooden - F2000 Championship Series
Last year I worked as a car mechanic for a hungarian race team for a season. Had 4-5 Suzuki Swifts, 5 Lotus Elises, a Clio and a F430 to look after, with 2-3 co-workers. It was (not)fun
You?
It must be joke.

Just measured the center line of the kart track where I work and get this-

0.08 miles.

And somehow, you can still hit 45mph on the straightaway
#25 - JJ72
I think you meant 0.8 miles.

and 45mph is fast....for a 125 4 stroke maybe lol....

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG