The online racing simulator
UDP/TCP Player Position Problem with 0.6E
Hello,

I had started a thread earlier http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=69788 about this problem, in which I was fixing manually...

Long time ago until the last day before the patch was released, I used to press CTRL+T (To "Requesting TCP Positions") before entering any server so I can view and send position to the server and can play normally. That was my "fix", the problem was there and if I didn't press CTRL+T I wouldn't be able to play, send, or receive player positions.

Now, I do the same process, I see players' positions but they cannot see me, insim cannot see me, my LFS (or My Laptop) seem to be unable to send my position to the server. Doesn't matter if I use TCP/UDP (TCP makes player positions visible atleast, while UDP makes them invisible, so I am sticking to TCP) nothing helps.

I can join, can drive, but am invisible... Nothing sees me. I'm all ears listening and need some help..

Thanks..
i have the same problem .. i am from United Arab Emirates ..
if you speak arabic send me your bb pin or email to disscus this problem
Afaik your internet provider blocks UDP. I noticed that if you switch to TCP-mode, the client still keeps sending via UDP.
That setting only affects how the server sends them to the client.

I haven't tested it explicitly with an older version, but as Rifo could play on
our servers prior to the update, it seems like this behaviour has changed
since 0.6E.

Maybe intentionally, maybe by mistake? Maybe Scawen can bring light into this.
Quote from dzaster6000 :i have the same problem .. i am from United Arab Emirates ..
if you speak arabic send me your bb pin or email to disscus this problem

2687abbf
Seriously ? Scawen ? anybody ?
^

i will speak arabic

اخوي فيه ناس كانو يصير عندهم لاق او بالاصح " ماتشوفهم " الحل الوحيد الي زبط معهم تغيير الـ VPN

غير الفي بي ان سواء عن طريق الهوت سبوت او اذا حاب يكون بنقك تمام اشتر في بي ان مصري او في بي ان من لندن
So this is a censorship issue on the UAE side. Not Scawen's fault.

Are you sure using a UK-based proxy is a good idea? Fine for web browsing, but if a game server is not located close to UK your data will have to travel much longer than usual.
If done properly it actually can speed up.

Like these guys are doing; http://www.wtfast.com/

Also forget about the term "proxy" ... Its private network, something different.
I cannot believe Scawen hasn't replied for this yet.

The new update prevents the player from sending his position using TCP. It is only locked on UDP which my ISP blocks. The previous versions had both TCP and UDP as options. NOW, only UDP and cannot be changed.

I cannot play LFS anymore....
The new version uses UDP and TCP in the same way - there was no change to the car position packets. They were never sent from guest to host using TCP. It sounds like something happened at your end at the same time as the patch was released.

Have you tested using the 0.6B version? You only need to put the attached exe in your folder and try it. There are plenty of 0.6B online hosts running, so you could go online and see if the other guests can see you.
Attached files
LFS_6B.zip - 1010.1 KB - 238 views
Hi rifo_1987,

I've been reading up on this, and see that Etisalat blocked VoIP services a few years back. I'm not sure what the current situation is, but are you able to use such services now?

I have a feeling that maybe a wide ranging UDP block has been made, and a whitelist created for allowed applications. As UDP is difficult to identify, perhaps something like DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) is being used to identify those whitelisted applications. This works by looking for a signature within the datagrams, and the recent patch may have altered this causing the blockage. Testing with 0.6B should confirm whether this theory is true.

Have you tried contacting your ISP about this issue?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG