The online racing simulator
Desk for G27?
(10 posts, started )
Desk for G27?
Looking to get a G27 soon and need a desk since I have a glass one thats no good tbh..So looking to get a cheap desk that would work until I can afford to buy or build a seat rig.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6171043.htm

Anyone any idea if that'd work okay? Just for a month or so..

Doesn't look too bad. Desk size H74, W74, D52.5cm.

or http://www.tesco.com/direct/ho ... omputer-desk/113-8350.prd

remove the bottom shelf as its metal it should still be rigid enough.
The desk from Argos doen't look too bad, but avoid the desk you posted from Tesco like the plague. It looks like it would wobble with the least amount of effort. Unless you're going to be bolting the desk to the wall, you'd be better off spending a little more for a wooden desk, even if it's for a month.
Well yeah, I think the Tesco one would wobble as its only metal sides with wood holding it together. But I don't really want to spend too much as that's cutting into the sim seat fund, Only looking for a cheap table so I can actually use it before I get one as this glass one would either just slip off or worse.. risk breaking the glass.
Suppose I could disable FFB until I have a better solution, that's if it will stay on the glass one.
Argos one also says max 17inch monitor, Mines 22inch. Although don't think that'd be much of a problem its not like the TV is that heavy..

Probably wait until I buy the G27 and see what this glass one is like, then buy a cheap temp desk if needed, then buy the sim chassis/seat next month hopefully, if not be the month after depending on how things go.
#4 - Omar1
Have a look on gumtree, always cheap desks there
Been looking, But as I've no transport (due to the UK's awesome insurance rates) I can't really source one without delivery.
DavidTiger:

I used to have the EXACT desk as the one from tesco and it was a piece of shit. It lasted me 6 or so years of abuse, but even on medium FFB with a G25, my desk would wobble all over the place. The back piece.. the weld broke on mine.. screws fell out often just by being wobbled loose.
So.. Avoid Tesco lol. TBH The table I have is full metal frame and doesn't move at all shake/wobble but the tops are glass and only 3mm or so thick. If I could source some cheap or free wood I could possibly bolt that on using the rubber mount holes then instead of the glass it would be strong wood
I get paid hopefully Wednesday and get the G27 ordered, that way I can see if the desk is suitable until my next pay and purchase a sim chassis.
(early Christmas to me, from me. If only we all still lived with parents to buy everything..eh? )
Make sure its relatively thick otherwise your gonna have to stick cardboard under the wheel so the clamps grip
i made a rig out of an old barn door for zero monies, it probs would have cost arround a 5 sheet i actually had to but the screws

plenty of plans on the internet
I have one of these, it's nice and stable and also has a fairly decent sized desktop...

Ikea Galant

Desk for G27?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG