The online racing simulator
Lost Straight Line Speed
(13 posts, started )
#1 - SSNET
Lost Straight Line Speed
After not ran LFS for several months during the summer, I am back at it.
I seem to have lost quite a bit of straight line speed in my BMW. The AI cars just walk away from me down Blackwoods long straight. I mean just leave me. 3 different setups, all the same.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim
Make sure your pedals are alright - thorttle bar on right bottom corner should have little white gap on when it's 100%
As all ready suggested, if you turn on the virtual pedals in options, you will also see clutch and brake pedals.
#4 - amp88
An overheating clutch is more likely than a throttle problem, IMO. Turn on a HUD view with the clutch temperature bar (e.g. F9 for tyre view). If the "CT" (Clutch Temperature) is filling up with red or orange then it's overheating. Try lifting off for longer when you upshift and see what effect that has. Try leaving the F9 view on from the start of the race and watch the progress of the clutch temperature over a few upshifts to see when you're shifting quickly and cleanly.
Quote from SSNET :After not ran LFS for several months during the summer, I am back at it.
I seem to have lost quite a bit of straight line speed in my BMW. The AI cars just walk away from me down Blackwoods long straight. I mean just leave me. 3 different setups, all the same.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim

The AI's are not bad in the BMW. You are probably exiting the chicane with a lower exit speed.
You could also try to attach a replay of that happening, so we can easily see where the problem is.
#7 - SSNET
No Speed
I have tried all suggestions, still no speed. I made a short replay, but have no idea how to post it.

Even a car I had passed on the start blew by me 1/2 way down the
straight!

Clutch temps are barely on the scale
are you redlining?
#9 - amp88
Quote from SSNET :I have tried all suggestions, still no speed. I made a short replay, but have no idea how to post it.

Create a new reply to this thread then scroll down from the message box to find the "Manage Attachments" button about halfway down the page. Click it, then click the top "Browse" button in the section titled "Upload File from your Computer". Then navigate to your LFS folder on your computer (e.g. C:/LFS) then go into the "data" folder and the "spr" folder (assuming you saved a single player replay). Once in the spr folder look for the replay you saved (when you saved it you should have been told the replay name). Double click the replay you want to upload then click the "Upload" button on the right side of the top section.
Replay of getting dusted!
As you can (hopefully) see, I was toasted
Attached files
no speed.spr - 354.1 KB - 221 views
You're running with 50% fuel.

Oh and you're racing against fo8's so no wonder they're quicker
Problem solved
Didn't even look at the competition. Grand kids must have changed it.

Thanks to all
lol

Lost Straight Line Speed
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG