The online racing simulator
Change in how you select gear ratios.
I have noticed that in LFS when changing gear ratios you can adjust the ratio by .001 at a time. Whereas other racing sims such as Race 07 has a big change as if you were actually fitting a different gear, which seems more realistic. Would be nice if LFS had this too.

I should probably point out I know very little about how this stuff works in RL. I did try to do some research before posting but couldn't find much of any use through google. So if I'm talking bullshit just let me know.
Most gear ratio specifications you read have 3 decimals. So it makes sense to me that it should be kept this way in LFS too. Spring rates however doesn't often contain decimals. But it certainly doesn't hurt to have more precision in the setup tweaking IMO.
Whilst the ratios can be to three (or infinite) decimal places, there are discrete steps. For example, you can have a 1.222 gear ratio, but not a 1.223. You can have a 2.211 though.

Springs should also be in jumps. In lb/ft, the rates might jump by 50 in most cases, 25 in special cases, and 10 in the F1 car.
Quote from tristancliffe :Whilst the ratios can be to three (or infinite) decimal places, there are discrete steps. For example, you can have a 1.222 gear ratio, but not a 1.223. You can have a 2.211 though.

Springs should also be in jumps. In lb/ft, the rates might jump by 50 in most cases, 25 in special cases, and 10 in the F1 car.

In kg/mm they jump in 1's (maybe even 0.5 in some cases). But I personally don't think that reducing the precision would add anything to LFS, may it be more realistic or not. It's fine the way it is now IMO.
Quote from pärtan :But I personally don't think that reducing the precision would add anything to LFS, may it be more realistic or not. It's fine the way it is now IMO.

I agree. There's fun to be had just by experimenting with crazy setup options without artificial limitations, taking away that part of LFS would be very sad.

The best option for multiplayer where people might want identical or restricted setups could be a separate flag that can be toggled by hosts, but limiting them for everyone everywhere by force would be a great mistake.
Wasn't this already aproved for the S3 version with its realistic and extreme setups?
Quote from Whiskey :Wasn't this already aproved for the S3 version with its realistic and extreme setups?

Limited range was (ie no stupidly stiff or soft etc), but there was no mention of changing the granularity.

As pärtan said, reducing precision could make it more realistic, but I don't think it would really make a significant difference.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG