The online racing simulator
Fuelly
(32 posts, started )
Fuelly
Does anyone keep track of their cars MPG with Fuelly (or any type of fuel tracking system)? I've searched the forum and I found nothing.

So, Fuelly thread?

Do you seriously only get 24mpg in a Ford Focus? What do you do, floor it away from every stop light? lol I'm averaging 23.6mpg according to the display on my Saab right now. Sadly that's mostly highway miles. But every time I spool my turbo the instant fuel economy drops to like 15mpg. And that's without the ghetto wastegate helper spring.
Yes, I tend to have a lead foot.
what does it matter whats the mpg? u gonna fill it up anyway..
To compare with other drivers, and just to keep statistics.
i do as well, but on a german site.

thats for my old mondeo...quite thirsty.
cant tell on my new fiesta, as i didnt fill it up a second time yet...
but it gets way better mpg.
should get around 40 mpg.

mondeo: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/465409.html

fiesta: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/543561.html

Quote from e2mustang :what does it matter whats the mpg? u gonna fill it up anyway..

its actually quite useful...
for example the mondeo was even more thirsty, then i replaced a few parts...and i noticed it helped a lot.
wouldnt have noticed without it.
also helped my to find the best way to drive more efficient.
I started to use Fuelly just a month before I stopped using my car, so...I can't share anything and I'm bored without driving everyday
#8 - Jakg
I used to keep impeccable logs of MPG & expenditure... but the figures got too painful to look at
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :
for example the mondeo was even more thirsty, then i replaced a few parts...and i noticed it helped a lot.
wouldnt have noticed without it.
also helped my to find the best way to drive more efficient.

You changed spark plugs,air and fuelfilter?
Holy shit 24mpg on a focus, how can you actually pull that off?

Regards,
Focus 1.6L 33-35mpg master race
#11 - Jakg
Quote from nikopdr :Holy shit 24mpg on a focus, how can you actually pull that off?

Regards,

I'm guessing:

A - A Euro focus isn't a US Focus (and even if they are - I think the engines may well have some smog-emissions bullshit)
B - US gallons.

EDIT - To add something useful. About 44MPG, rising to 50 if conditions allow.
Usually around 4.9 l/100km (48 mpg) - city, ...

Once did 1200 km on tank (45 liter + 7 reserve) something like 55 mpg - constant 90 km/h on highway

SDI engine
Quote from Jakg :I'm guessing:

A - A Euro focus isn't a US Focus (and even if they are - I think the engines may well have some smog-emissions bullshit)
B - US gallons.

A - Could be, but I don't really think they are that far apart to actually make that much difference. It's propably just differences in driving styles.

B - I converted L/100km to MPG with US gallons.
Quote from nikopdr :Holy shit 24mpg on a focus, how can you actually pull that off?

Regards,

Might have something to do with remote start? I start my car and let it idle for about 5 minutes before I go anywhere in the winter. As for summer, traffic is a mess and stop/go city traffic can't be good.
stop-and-go kills any mileage, its only negligible on diesel cars where you can puddle along in idle.

I do around 5.5 l/km, or 42 US-mpg, but that is mostly highway driving, keeping it between 3 and 4k rpm. And you don't need much fuel to satisfy a 1.0
Quote from Jakg :
EDIT - To add something useful. About 44MPG, rising to 50 if conditions allow.

That doesn't sound too painful :P

Just going on what the car tells me, and this might not be right, I'm averaging about 22mpg atm in the Zed.
#17 - Jakg
Quote from pb32000 :That doesn't sound too painful :P

It is when the "running total" for a month is hundreds and hundreds of pounds... or when the overall amount of fuel spent is more than you paid for the car...
I've got a 1997 Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0L Diesel, with 88,000miles, which Fuelly shows as average

44.7 miles per UK gallon
53.7 miles per US gallon
19.00 kilometres per litre

This is after 109 fill ups / 45,009 miles tracked (car had 43,000 miles on clock when I bought it 2nd hand).
Quote from e2mustang :You changed spark plugs,air and fuelfilter?

actually only the ignition cables for the big difference (about 1L/100KM).
spark plugs and airfilter didnt really help it.
Lol i think dodge was a bit optimistic on their MPG predictions for the dart.
^ 28 city, 41 highway. That's for the Aero trim at least.
I get only around 27 on my 1.8l Focus, but it is pretty old ('99).

Can't use Fuelly, as I don't think I've ever filled mine right to the top, ever.
22 MPG (UK) on a '04 Forester 2.5 XT
26 MPG (UK) on a '00 Proton Satria GTi

Ain't too bothered; could be worse.

Fuelly
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG