The online racing simulator
Setupgrid.net downtime
(4 posts, started )
#1 - v1rg0
Setupgrid.net downtime
I want to apologize to everyone that has been trying to access Setupgrid.net or use Setupgrid.net In-Game in recent weeks. There was a problem with the server which proved very elusive. With all the work I'm already doing on iGP Manager it wasn't possible to focus on this either.

But today I saw a clue in the server logs that pointed me in the right direction. It was an error with Apache rewrites causing scripts to be loaded multiple times instead of once on each page load, this would in-turn burden the servers memory and eventually it would crash. It emulated the effects of a DDoS attack, without actually being one.

So I took the time this evening to rewrite every single link on Setupgrid.net and to disable the mod_rewrite functionality in Apache. To cut a long story short, the service should be back to normal from now on.
#2 - Hahmo
Great stuff Jack! Respect it! It's a really helpful tool for many
Great to see some truthful members and website owners still around.. *cough* josh *cough*
Quote from v1rg0 :I want to apologize to everyone that has been trying to access Setupgrid.net or use Setupgrid.net In-Game in recent weeks. There was a problem with the server which proved very elusive. With all the work I'm already doing on iGP Manager it wasn't possible to focus on this either.

But today I saw a clue in the server logs that pointed me in the right direction. It was an error with Apache rewrites causing scripts to be loaded multiple times instead of once on each page load, this would in-turn burden the servers memory and eventually it would crash. It emulated the effects of a DDoS attack, without actually being one.

So I took the time this evening to rewrite every single link on Setupgrid.net and to disable the mod_rewrite functionality in Apache. To cut a long story short, the service should be back to normal from now on.

virgo:lovies3d::lovies3d:
There is a problem with SIG probably because of your changes.
I always get "no setups found"

Setupgrid.net downtime
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG